Car dealerships

Hyundai in Roswell 15 yrs ago did us right The wife bought one brand new there Well I jamb that thing in park gong down the highway Guess how that turned out We took that thing thing to the dealer and they put a brand new trans in it for not one penny or ask for anything other then if we were happy

Sad to say, but so many bad stories like this. Always hard to tell the exact problem, is it a new/bad tech? Scammer Service manager trying to boost his numbers, top mgt telling the server manager to do this? etc etc.

Best to find local trust worthy mechanic, but when its under warranty, you want to use the dealer.

So sad what places have become, one bad review on google does nothing to these mega places. Has to be dozens and dozens I feel like before anybody notices.

I would take the brake pads back to the dealer, contact some Agency to report them they were trying to scam you 100%.

They tried to upsell you why they had your car for warranty work. Nothing wrong with that as long as you actually need what they recommend. When them acting like your car was unsafe to drive is downright bs. Id at least make the GM aware of what happened. A google review would get his attention.

The GM is likely the one encouraging the practice. Joe blow working in the service center isn’t trying to make a BS sale to boost company profits.

The Woodstock Honda dealer is the worst , take it in for 1 item and they search to find 3 more and way overpriced

I purchased a new Civic from them, and the door side trim came off. Wife took the car in thinking under warranty and they said the 3-year warranty ran out three days ago and wouldn’t do anything under warranty. It was only a $40 trim piece and only three days!!!

Well they lost a customer.....will never buy anything from them again.

I have zero faith in any dealership anymore. I know there are good ones out there, but based on my experience, that is few and far between. My trusted mechanic of 25 years, just retired and I'm kind of in a bind about it. I used to do my own maintenance, but my back and hips limit that now.

I used to do my own maintenance, but my back and hips limit that now.
That's me now. I was embarrassed the first time I paid someone to change my oil. Local station, did business with them for years. Treated me right.

I furnish the oil and filter, $25.00. BUT, the check all the other fluids, top them up as needed, check the tire pressure, look under the car of obvious issues.

It's worth to me to not have to get on the ground, on my back. They do it in 15 minutes. Takes me an hour start to finish, then I have to dispose of the filter and the oil.

One of those things that I truly thank the Lord that I have reached a stage and station in life that I can afford to pay for something like this, and not even think about it.

Had a P0131 code for low voltage bank 1 oxygen sensor. After a new OE sensor I diagnosed it as a bad ECM not sending signal to the sensor itself. Sent to my local dealer for a second opinion which was a mistake... I told them the tests that I had already run and thought I had made it easy for them. I was dismissed and told it would need a full diagnostic.

Quoted $150 diagnostic fee to be told that the timing belt needed to be replaced. Car had 105k and I had personally replaced it at 101K. I refused to pay the $150 until it was properly diagnosed because the timing wouldn't cause a voltage code in the oxygen sensor.

Next day I got a call at 9am and was told that the oxygen sensor needed to be replaced. I told the service advisor that it was less than 2 days old and purchased at their dealership. Refused to pay once again.

Two weeks later I got a call saying that it needed a new catalytic converter and they were 100% sure that was causing the low voltage issue. I asked to speak to the tech because once again the catalytic converter doesn't regulate voltage. I was told he would call me back. Never got a call.

I gave them the answers to the test and they still failed. Sent to another dealer and it was fixed a week later with a new ECM. You just have to find the good ones.

I had a dealer close to me try to charge me for a warranty replacement of a def tank heater with me standing there with the letter in my hand from GM. I called the 800 number on the letter standing right there in the service drive and the story changed quickly to a " big misunderstanding."

Dealerships are thieves, pure and simple.

Back
Top Bottom