• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

car wreck - negotiating with insurance

Several of the insurance carriers use a CCC One Market Valuation Report which is an abysmally low value. The adjusters will only reference that report for value and not consider KBB, Edmunds, or market comparisons. If your carrier uses this report make certain that he/she includes all the options and the correct trim level of your vehicle. They usually just run the report with the vehicle as a base model to offer a lower $ amount.
That's the reason I said get quotes from dealers and private sales folks on what the actual market for said vehicle is.
Should get VIN numbers so your comparing is good. A VIN NUMBER will tell you what options are on your vehicle.

Yes, I do. Insurance will "walk you through" how they value the car. The problem is that no one else on earth values cars the same way. They will tell you all kinds of convincing BS. Email Jonathan at Dempsey Appraisal Services at: jonathan@dempseyappraisalservice.com. He got me about $6k more than my insurance company did, which makes his small fee inconsequential. Getting the max value for your car is an art form, not an exact science. Email him.

Several of the insurance carriers use a CCC One Market Valuation Report which is an abysmally low value. The adjusters will only reference that report for value and not consider KBB, Edmunds, or market comparisons. If your carrier uses this report make certain that he/she includes all the options and the correct trim level of your vehicle. They usually just run the report with the vehicle as a base model to offer a lower $ amount.

Yep, had mine done for $300 I think by a local accredited appraiser. They went from 17.9k to 26.4K as soon as I told them their CCC report was worthless and I’d seen them in court. Their offer was less than $200 difference from his appraisal, to my good.

Its a total scam and a battle, go find your own comps of the exact same car of yours, then get buy bids for those cars and summit those to the insurance company

make sure the insurance company has all the details of your car correct, they will try to low ball you as much they can

That's the reason I said get quotes from dealers and private sales folks on what the actual market for said vehicle is.
Should get VIN numbers so your comparing is good. A VIN NUMBER will tell you what options are on your vehicle.
The insurance carrier (which represented the other driver who was at fault) had the VIN number but somehow failed to include options such as the Z71 package, tow package, etc. I had my carrier run the same report and it came back $3K higher, although it was still below replacement cost.

I used an independent appraiser (as suggested in the posts above) one time and he was worth every penny of the fee. It was $250 for the letter and another $250 if he testified in court. He was an appraiser in the insurance industry for 20 years before going out on his own.
Someone ran a red light and then crossed over the double yellow line and hit me head on while I was stopped at the light.
The other driver's carrier was lowballing the value and the appraiser's letter got them in line.

We have had 2 cars totaled in a 2 year span.. We have State Farm. My wife was driving both times.

Both were Mercedes one a 350 4Matic. The other was a S500.. She walked away with bruises and cuts but Airbags saved her life.

State Farm actually gave us more than what we purchased each one for…

Pretty painless

Ditto, got hit by a USAA insured driver several years ago. I was also insured by USAA and had been for over twenty years with no claims. I was treated like vermin. Unbelievably eye opening.
I had the same problem with a dumb Allstate rep; all cars involved had Allstate. I was the meat in a three car sandwich, hit from front and back. I'm driving a GrandAm. Rep wanted to know which car I was in. Told her the GrandAm and she said I wasn't driving it. Then she proceeded to tell me she would rather speak to my attorney if I didn't know what I was driving. So she did, I got $4800 for a car that I paid $200 for.

Back
Top Bottom