• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

car wreck - negotiating with insurance

I have State farm. This actually has been a very easy process. Aside from taking 3 days longer than I expected to hear from the adjuster it's been great. Their initial offer used the CCC data, and was higher than I valued the vehicle. There was a feature missing in the appraisal. I pointed it out and they adjusted the amount higher by $1700 within an hour. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have State farm. This actually has been a very easy process. Aside from taking 3 days longer than I expected to hear from the adjuster it's been great. Their initial offer used the CCC data, and was higher than I valued the vehicle. There was a feature missing in the appraisal. I pointed it out and they adjusted the amount higher by $1700 within an hour. I was pleasantly surprised.
Well hallelujah on that! They are fairly easy to work with it's just you have to set yourself up for the first offer. I on the other hand was not happy with the situation because the car market was such in a funk that I felt like I got hijacked on the price. However, anytime I've had a comprehensive claim they've been excellent. It's just on the collision side sometimes it gets a little frustrating. I am happy for you that it worked out that way. 👍

Well hallelujah on that! They are fairly easy to work with it's just you have to set yourself up for the first offer. I on the other hand was not happy with the situation because the car market was such in a funk that I felt like I got hijacked on the price. However, anytime I've had a comprehensive claim they've been excellent. It's just on the collision side sometimes it gets a little frustrating. I am happy for you that it worked out that way. 👍
I had my numbers ready and was armed for an argument - dangit, they took that away from me.

Sooooo, my wife and I are in the market for a new car due to one of us being held responsible for a wreck. I'm waiting to speak with the insurance company regarding the final value of our totaled vehicle. Anyone have experience, or advice, on getting the highest possible value for my car?

I've researched KBB, Cargurus, etc, just looking for any actual practical experience.

T The Old Jaybird , I know you've done this a time or 2.
yeah, I worked for state insurance departments as a contract examiner, majority life and health insurance. Auto is a tough nut to crack, they usually have you over a barrel and don't want to use lube. Best to do your own research as to your car value and try to get much. A lawyer isn't much help on a car value claim, because there isn't much extra value to split with them. good luck,

I have had SF ins for over 40 yrs and they have done me right most of the time. Very rarely have I had to haggle with them when Making a claim…same for house insurance.

Pay the 200 bucks to the people who evaluate vehicles and do all the research. You can even geybtje insurance company to reimburse you the cost of this. I faught like hell on a wrecked car last year and won.

File a formal complaint with the Ins. Comm. Office. You’ll be surprised at how fast your insurance carrier will want to cooperate.

I am kinda surprised with the positive State Farm notes. We have had them for years with one claim for major water damage due to a busted line. We bought a loft with my son who had a hail storm claim with another insurance company and SF wouldn't write a policy. The part that made me made was they only gave a weeks notice to find a replacement and we we were actually uninsured for a day while looking.

I've unfortunately dealt with State Farm several times due to the other person at fault in an accident. And every time without exception, they're the worst. With Progressive, I had a policy with them. They're insured backed into me, I tried to let them go. Trying be nice, they decided it was my fault. So I had an accident report made. The Ins. companies deemed it her fault. Then the Ins. company screwed me. So I cancelled my policy with them.

Back
Top Bottom