• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

car wreck - negotiating with insurance

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
Sooooo, my wife and I are in the market for a new car due to one of us being held responsible for a wreck. I'm waiting to speak with the insurance company regarding the final value of our totaled vehicle. Anyone have experience, or advice, on getting the highest possible value for my car?

I've researched KBB, Cargurus, etc, just looking for any actual practical experience.

T The Old Jaybird , I know you've done this a time or 2.

It will be hard. You'll have to be patient, it may take a year or more. The Ins. company wants to pay you the least possible. They're betting you'll take a quick cheap settlement as that's what most people have to do.

Going through the same thing right now. The insurance company is trying to lowball me on a claim that I was completely blameless for.
Both the driver that whacked me and I have the same insurance company and it's really pissing me off.
They've made a small fortune off my ass over the decades but when I actually have a legitimate claim it's like pulling teeth getting them to pay up.
The kids all want me to get a lawyer.

Going through the same thing right now. The insurance company is trying to lowball me on a claim that I was completely blameless for.
Both the driver that whacked me and I have the same insurance company and it's really pissing me off.
They've made a small fortune off my ass over the decades but when I actually have a legitimate claim it's like pulling teeth getting them to pay up.
The kids all want me to get a lawyer.
My Dad went through nearly the same thing. It took over a year to settle. By then vehicle prices were through the roof. So he just bought a new car last fall. I guess the whole process took @ 4yrs. Definitely better if you can settle yourself, I think. The Lawyer will want half of the settlement.

My Dad went through nearly the same thing. It took over a year to settle. By then vehicle prices were through the roof. So he just bought a new car last fall. I guess the whole process took @ 4yrs. Definitely better if you can settle yourself, I think. The Lawyer will want half of the settlement.
Yeah I really don't want to do that.
The problem is it's a customized mobility van and the insurance wants to pay for the van and not the mobility.
When this is all said and done I'll be looking for another insurance company.

Yeah I really don't want to do that.
The problem is it's a customized mobility van and the insurance wants to pay for the van and not the mobility.
When this is all said and done I'll be looking for another insurance company.
Yep, I did that once before too. Can you take the equipement out and use it on the next vehicle?

Back
Top Bottom