• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carnivore Diet

Better. Most notable change especially initially is the loss of bloating and abdominal discomfort associated with the standard junk diet. That in turn helped me sleep much better at night which was a great benefit to have early on. The only real problem I had was constipation but thats been ongoing for me. The diet just made it worse. But Ive recently started taking iodine which has helped that so it will be interesting to see if it rears (ha) its ugly head again.

Theres nothing fun or exciting about the diet. Look up Jordan Peterson and his daughter on youtube. He will concur. Its lame… but its healthy which is what we’re all after.

From what I’ve seen on YouTube and read about this diet, it is supposedly great for getting all blood levels back in order.. cholesterol, diabetes , iron etc..

I started Carnivore the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm down almost 30 lbs and just had my annual physical earlier this week. Dr. was impressed with the weight loss but mainly with my lab work. BP dropped a bunch and all my liver and pre diabatic levels are way down. Cholesterol went up a point or two but Dr said if I will just exercise several times a week that will come down as well. My testosterone levels were much improved. The biggest thing I have noticed is I no longer snore. Sleep apnea is now a non-issue and I feel 20x better now than I did the week before Thanksgiving.

Do it - you will feel great!

I started Carnivore the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm down almost 30 lbs and just had my annual physical earlier this week. Dr. was impressed with the weight loss but mainly with my lab work. BP dropped a bunch and all my liver and pre diabatic levels are way down. Cholesterol went up a point or two but Dr said if I will just exercise several times a week that will come down as well. My testosterone levels were much improved. The biggest thing I have noticed is I no longer snore. Sleep apnea is now a non-issue and I feel 20x better now than I did the week before Thanksgiving.

Do it - you will feel great!
How often do you eat? Are you fasting any or just eat when your hungry and stop when you feel full?

You can try magnesium. It works for me and is natural.
Ive been on differing forms of magnesium for almost 10 years. Still have issues. Magnesium keeps the pipes moving but you’re (or at least for me) always on the bubble of how much is too much. We all need magnesium in our diets and Im sure I was deficient before supplementing. But with ongoing issues, Ive had to continue the hunt for what my body is lacking. That lead me to iodine…

I'd say just eat a good balanced diet, eat less and get more exercise.

Eat a good breakfast & lunch but a light supper/dinner. Cut out the extra calories, like between meal snacks and junk food. Walk 30-45 minutes 3 to 4 times a week too.

It works......no need for a fancy smancy all meat diet. :behindsofa:

How often do you eat? Are you fasting any or just eat when your hungry and stop when you feel full?

I heard a guy say he had the best results when he started looking at food as "fuel" and not "fun". That was like a punch in the gut for me! I would eat just out of habit. I started eating every morning (eggs, sausage, bacon or steak) and now I just grab a piece of cheese and/or a deviled or boiled egg. I skip lunch and then eat at night whenever I feel like it. I'll grill a few London Broils or a large batch of pork chops or chicken thighs and work on those for a few nights. I just don't feel that hungry like I did. I am definitely a recovering food addict!

*Waffle house comes in handy when I'm on the road. Omelets, ham, steaks etc. Cracker barrel has the breakfast 3 meat sampler with eggs that I hit occasionally. And sardines are a good change up if you like them.

Another thing. Ive always had a mild skin irritation in one form or another. Whether it be facial, scalp, or eczema on my arms. On the carni, my skin completely healed within 10-12 days. Crystal clear skin. My wifes skin did the same. We tried strict keto off an on for years with absolutely no sugar. Only supplementing with Monkfruit. So if its not the lack of sugar that clears up the skin, maybe its the fat in the meat that does in addition to no sugar? Just another perk…

I’ve been doing carnivore for about 3 weeks, and have dropped at least 10 pounds. I’m not much of a scale watcher. I just look in the mirror and say, “yep, still a disgusting fat body”. But I have definitely lost 10-12 pounds. I am only looking to lose around 25 total, so it won’t take me long.

I’ve done carnivore a couple times before. When I life weights and do carnivore, I get near steroid like effects. I can really get ripped and put on muscle.

It is a great diet, and I believe it to be extremely healthy. It makes me feel good for sure. It isn’t difficult at all once you get into the swing of it.

I usually rotate between carnivore and South Beach diets. Sometimes I just want some vegetables. I am doing a 60 day carnivore challenge right now. I should be lean and mean in a few more weeks!

Oh yeah, and I eat whenever I want. If I’m hungry, I eat. The thing is you will not be as hungry, or hungry as often when eating carnivore.

Back
Top Bottom