• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carnivore Diet

**** it. I’m jumping on the train Monday. I have a friend that’s been doing it for 6 months(Maybe less) he has completely reversed his type 2 diabetes, has lost 40lbs and lab work has been better than it ever has.

I’m 356lbs as of this morning and I’d just love to be around 290-300. Ive went from 385 to 356 in about 2 years doing intermittent fasting.

Generally I don’t eat breakfast, light lunch and a decent meal at supper time. I need to cut out all diet sodas, beer and bread.

I was on the brink of adopting a carnivore-like diet, and my doctor was moderately supportive. He asked me to "do him a favor" first, and have a full blood panel done. As some of you maybe know, I had a major health issue a couple years ago, so I was due a blood panel anyway, so we ran that as a baseline.

I went on a moderately carnivore diet - little to no carbs, red-meat increase, very restrictive on vegetables etc and ran that for a month or so. It wan't hard to do, but I didn't feel truly great, and after maybe 6 weeks I went back to my doctor for a second panel. Most metrics were about the same or better - I had noticeably higher calcium and chloride in the new results, but what I did have that was off the charts (bad) high "creatinine clearance" score.

This number is an indirect measure of how hard you're "working" your kidneys, and how much creatine is being converted to creatinine is in your system. On his advice, I stopped doing it, and we're investigating what might be causing the problem. If you're normal and healthy, you shouldn't see this, but on the other hand, I hadn't had any real symptoms of kidney problems. Not that I was/am motivated to do it, but the doc says I must make sure I don't take any kind of 'body building' shakes that include creatine, or at least not for the moment.

So, I guess the punchline is, if you can, it might be worth doing a baseline on your blood chemisty BEFORE you start on keto/carnivore so you can identify these kinds of issues before they become crises.

I've been an Adkins/low carb/keto fan for years.

Last year completely left the lifestyle. Started drinking beer again, eat whatever I wanted. Such fun. And gained an easy 40+ pounds.

Wife was looking at carnivore mostly for health issues so I said giddy-up! We have a new grill and have been using it almost every night. Getting to know the local butcher by his first name...

I'm not super strict. Some folks are like meat, salt, and water only. No way. I have to have my coffee (black) in the mornings. And I do have drinks with artificial sweeteners. And I loves me some onions so I'll have them with my eggs in the morning.

Have limited alcohol to one/two nights a week. Booze is typically carb-free but your body will burn it before it burns fat for fuel.

Started Jan 1st. Down 15 lbs after 3 weeks. Only weigh once/week because I'm a numbers guy and don't want the daily ups and downs in my weight affecting my mood.

Exercise is a half hour walk almost every day. Not a lot of exercise sitting behind a monitor all day.

Not sure how long we'll stay the course - but will definitely stay with it in some form or another. Had avocado the other day and it was so good.

Not cheap but only feeding the two of us during the week. When the boys come home on the weekends it can get expensive when feeding four.

Listening to guy on YouTube Ken berry I think it was.. he has a whole channel to the diet basically.. carnivore can be done on a budget.. hot dogs , veneer sausage, pitted meat.. although this ain’t the greatest food but I can dig it.. sardines too.. mmmm.. it doesn’t always have to be steak… tonite was chicken and eggs

Y’all are all talking about losing weight on this carnivore diet. What about somebody who doesn’t want to or need to lose any weight?

Listening to guy on YouTube Ken berry I think it was.. he has a whole channel to the diet basically.. carnivore can be done on a budget.. hot dogs , veneer sausage, pitted meat.. although this ain’t the greatest food but I can dig it.. sardines too.. mmmm.. it doesn’t always have to be steak… tonite was chicken and eggs
If you do carni keto with intermittent fasting, its not that expensive at all. Especially when compared to the benefits. You could easily fast and eat one meal a day once in ketosis. Thats a cheap meal plan. Even if it is a nice cut of steak…

I'd say just eat a good balanced diet, eat less and get more exercise.

Eat a good breakfast & lunch but a light supper/dinner. Cut out the extra calories, like between meal snacks and junk food. Walk 30-45 minutes 3 to 4 times a week too.

It works......no need for a fancy smancy all meat diet. :behindsofa:
whats-wrong-with-11a39a08ef.jpg
:becky: :becky: :becky:

Back
Top Bottom