• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carnivore Diet

I’ve considered it but currently I’m steering clear of all processed foods, unnecessary sugars, focusing on higher protein/low calorie options, adding moderate amounts of fresh fruits and raw veggies, taking a few supplement vitamins (b complex and fish oil), started walking in the mornings, gave up soda/sweet tea and drink water, skim milk, coffee, green tea, and unsweetened tea. I avoid beef and pork but I will still eat it. Tuna in the packs with chopped salad and a little ranch dressing is good.

I’ve shifted my eating habits around the 1st week of December and have lost nearly 20lbs already.

Check out my BP readings since I started.

E4DA31A7-16DD-4DF4-9C06-14D7B709E91C.jpeg
D23431C8-3783-4E6D-8C75-2924183AE260.jpeg
B59E0ECF-E80E-4825-A47A-FBB192E0A3FA.jpeg

I've been on it for about eight months. Came off all meds. Blood pressure lower than ever before. Of course weight loss and decrease in joint pain. Would probably have better results if I didn't cheat every couple months. LDL has gone up but still within "normal limits." according to several carnivore docs, They don't really worry about that contributing to atherosclerosis since you are metabolically healthy. And actually One of the biomarkers for longevity is elevated Cholesterol . I eat beef butter bacon and eggs, pork ribs and every now and then chicken wings or turkey and a lil cheese, The fattier the better. Also no more heartburn

Cut out all sugars and diet cokes. Very few carbs per day. Blood sugar A1c was 6.2 last physical at end of November. I am 62 5 ft 9 and did weigh 222. Now at 206 and wanting to get to 190. Now just got to get lowerback pain under control. Had three shots in lower back two days ago and still hurting. Heart calcium test end of the month. Nothing hurting just decided it was time to start taking these precautionary test offered more seriously.

Step daughter has been on this for a number of years. She is now a coach in this area. Has helped with a number of digestive
issues she had/has as well as other health issues.

Starting back on it this weekend. Did it for 6 months last year. Beef only for me.
Better. Most notable change especially initially is the loss of bloating and abdominal discomfort associated with the standard junk diet. That in turn helped me sleep much better at night which was a great benefit to have early on. The only real problem I had was constipation but thats been ongoing for me. The diet just made it worse. But Ive recently started taking iodine which has helped that so it will be interesting to see if it rears (ha) its ugly head again.

Theres nothing fun or exciting about the diet. Look up Jordan Peterson and his daughter on youtube. He will concur. Its lame… but its healthy which is what we’re all after.

Back
Top Bottom