• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carrying at the mall of Georgia

Does anyone else think that a carry permit holder should be allowed to carry in government (federal & local) buildings? You go in and if there is security you present ID and permit and declare what business you are there for and be sent on your way. Isn't it safe to say that if someone has a carry permit that he or she poses no threat to the people inside the building and therefore has no reason for them to be disarmed?

I am a truck driver and it is illegal for me to have a firearm/ammo/large knife/any "weapon"/or fireworks in my commercial vehicle per Federal/ State/Company law. How's that for being disarmed? so legally the only thing I can use to defend myself is my pocket knife and the evil eye.

I am a truck driver and it is illegal for me to have a firearm/ammo/large knife/any "weapon"/or fireworks in my commercial vehicle per Federal/ State/Company law. How's that for being disarmed? so legally the only thing I can use to defend myself is my pocket knife and the evil eye.
It might be against your company policy but there is no Federal law keeping your gun out of your commercial vehicle. Most of my drivers carry. I had one get inspected by the DOT the officer just took the gun during the inspection then gave it back when he was done. The biggest thing is knowing the state laws where your heading to. If you stay in GA your fine.

Hmmm. it is definitely against my company's policy, especially since I am in a company vehicle. But as to Federal and State laws... I may have misunderstood them. I think I will review the FMCSA and States regs again. Because knowing is half the battle. Thanks for the heads up. Need another class A w/ endorsements on you staff?
It might be against your company policy but there is no Federal law keeping your gun out of your commercial vehicle. Most of my drivers carry. I had one get inspected by the DOT the officer just took the gun during the inspection then gave it back when he was done. The biggest thing is knowing the state laws where your heading to. If you stay in GA your fine.

Correct.

I always hear this while working events, so I researched it and discovered it was a myth.

Hmmm. it is definitely against my company's policy, especially since I am in a company vehicle. But as to Federal and State laws... I may have misunderstood them. I think I will review the FMCSA and States regs again. Because knowing is half the battle. Thanks for the heads up. Need another class A w/ endorsements on you staff?

I'm not hiring right now. Once I do I'll post something on here. We are a construction company so it's almost always local. We have 20 Dump Trucks and 3 Low Boys. Almost all of our drivers have a class A. I get a lot of OTR guys that want to get closer to home.

I'm not hiring right now. Once I do I'll post something on here. We are a construction company so it's almost always local. We have 20 Dump Trucks and 3 Low Boys. Almost all of our drivers have a class A. I get a lot of OTR guys that want to get closer to home.

If you need any experienced operators let me know.

Back
Top Bottom