• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Carrying at the mall of Georgia

With the crowd that's starting to get attracted to the MoG, I don't know that I'd want to go as an unarmed schmuck...

We've got a mall like that here. I don't go unless I absolutely need something from a store that is one of a kind in Columbus. It has signs at the door; but thus far, I've had no problem carrying concealed while there. I would be uncomfortable without a weapon when shopping there. Normally, I am always able to identify one or two others who are carrying concealed while inside.

I have a gwl. But I do not want a problem should I carry inside the mall. Is it "legal" or no

I am not reading the other comments but sure I am repeating what many others have said. Even if they have a sign that states "If you have a gun on this property you will be prosecuted". You can still carry your firearm on the property legally. Now if they see it all they can do is ask you to leave and if you do not leave then it is trespassing then you can be arrested. Me personally I try to respect the companies wishes so I just do not shop where I am not welcomed for the most part.

Last edited:
If asked to leave, Simply leave !!! If you put up a protest about "YOUR" rights you are headed down a path you DONT want to travel, Because you are then trespassing and you can be arrested .....

A question. I know the whole asked to leave blah blah blah thing. If at a restaurant and you have been served you are asked to leave while eating. Asking to pay before leaving...is this considered refusal to leave? If told to leave you get up to leave without paying then charged for idk theft? Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

A question. I know the whole asked to leave blah blah blah thing. If at a restaurant and you have been served you are asked to leave while eating. Asking to pay before leaving...is this considered refusal to leave? If told to leave you get up to leave without paying then charged for idk theft? Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

If I'm asked to leave, I'm leaving. They didn't want me there, they don't want my money there either.

I carry everywhere I go period even back in 89 when the Ga firearm permit was just a carry permit and not a concealed carry. Its like insurance if you dont have it when you need it what good is it.

Thanks

No, no personal experience on this one.

It is absolutely trespassing if you stay after being told to leave. I would leave it up to them to give me a bill as I walk out.

Funny to see this thread. I left Kay's Jewelry about 30 minutes ago (actually I never walked in) and called them to let the manager know respectfully that while I'm sure criminals won't care about a sign, I prefer to take my business to places that encourage people to exercise their rights and also they should feel safer in doing so.

Back
Top Bottom