• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CASE PREP CENTER WITH CASE TRIMMER

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I was looking at some reloading stuff and ran into an ad for a lyman Case Prep Center that has the case trimmer built in with the other implements. So right now I'm using this hand crank job that came with my breech lock hand loader and has a handle you crank when you set up the loader with the right die and shell holder. It's really prehistoric and quite time consuming. Frankford Arsenal also carries one that's $250 and doesn't do anything more than the Lyman will do. I watched videos on both and the Lyman does pretty much what I need it to do and it's $100 less. Do any of you guys have any experience with either one of these units. Please let me know what you think and if you had any dealings with either one.
Thanks for stopping in and God Bless your families.
Greg Vess

I was going to buy one this month but I ordered a slew of parts for a new build. I got everything but a stick and BCG. I had a good bit of parts laying around so I went nuts. I heard Biden gunning ( no pun intended ) for quick action on gun control and I did exactly what he didn't want me to do is build another AR-15 this month. I already have hundreds of rounds ready for powder and projectiles but I am low on pills. Oh well next month I will get my projectiles and the Lyman case prep center.

What I like about the Lyman is I can trim, chamfer and clean the primer pocket all in one smooth transition from one to another. This method I am using now is primitive and time consuming not to mention it works ya to death. I will be able to rip through 100 shells in a quick minute with the new prep center. I mean we are talking 5 to 8 seconds per case. That's a hell of a lot of time savings. I still like to take my time and weigh out each powder throw and hand seat the bullets. I get better uniformity in round to round performance. That I don't mind doing slow and precise. Some things just need to be more efficient.

I have the Frankfort arsenal and like it. It is easy to go between calibers. I ordered a rcbs carbide cutter for it and have done hundreds or cases with it. I have had it two to three years. I trim, chamfer, and deburr in about 10 seconds a case. After 50 cases, your hand will get tired. I found gloves help.

I have the Frankfort arsenal and like it. It is easy to go between calibers. I ordered a rcbs carbide cutter for it and have done hundreds or cases with it. I have had it two to three years. I trim, chamfer, and deburr in about 10 seconds a case. After 50 cases, your hand will get tired. I found gloves help.
No way to get around that finger pain. However, you can get more done before it sets in.

Back
Top Bottom