Cash for emergencies?

You balling in this economy. LOL.

I don't generally "carry" cash but I had a $20 bill tucked away and now I have a $50.

You would be amazed at what you can do with cash and the money you can save. I had to get a tow not long ago, I pulled cash out of my wallet and the driver knocked $20 off his quote.

You should have at least $1,000 in your safe to make things happen if a disaster hits. I'm not talking about the zombie apocalypse but a Katrina/Sandy situation. Cash could be the difference between sleeping in a hotel and sleeping in a shelter.

I keep about 2k in the safe for emergencies. You have to adjust the lyrics of the song for inflation. You know the one I'm talking about: There aint to many problems that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a 30-06. :D

never really thought about cash... I always figured if I had to bug out... then the **** really truly hit the fan. In that case, I will do what is necessary to provide for and protect my wife and myself. I really wouldnt be too concerned with paying or bartering for what I need immediately. Maybe once things calm down and the initial chaos subsides I could look into bartering, but at that point, who knows what currency would be most favorable.

You would be amazed at what you can do with cash and the money you can save. I had to get a tow not long ago, I pulled cash out of my wallet and the driver knocked $20 off his quote.

You should have at least $1,000 in your safe to make things happen if a disaster hits. I'm not talking about the zombie apocalypse but a Katrina/Sandy situation. Cash could be the difference between sleeping in a hotel and sleeping in a shelter.

Yea thats true. Its good to have some cash on you. Since I've gotten married and always need to go here and there and get this and that I've just always use my card. I will withdraw a little cash from my check and stash it away, never on me, for contingency but as far as day to day, I just use my bank card.

If I were a gambling man I'd put away things needed for an ice storm/power outtage short term vs. shtf/fantasy scenarios.

If I were a gambling man I'd put away things needed for an ice storm/power outtage short term vs. shtf/fantasy scenarios.

Lol fully agreed. I dont believe in zombies, vampires or other things taking over the world. The most likely thing to happen to me here is a tornado or a flood, (the top being a power outage for weeks) and I plan to be prepared with food and shelter. The only true SHTF scenario i think could happen is a solar flare but the prep is the same to me.

Back
Top Bottom