• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cash value / trade value

Because the person would rather have cash, and it seems the other party 99% of the time tends to inflate the value of what they are wanting to trade also. If you are wanting to trade me something I really don't have an interest in, I'm gonna make sure to come out ahead some if I'm not gonna get my cash. It can also depends on how much wiggle room the seller has in what they are trying to sale/trade.

In the retail world it can be used to offset some sales tax. Most gun shops will give you a cash vs trade price also.

It's really nothing to get upset about, both traders know or think they know what their item is worth, you either agree or not.

I think in a lot of cases is that the person wanting what the the person is selling/trading just doesn't have the cash, and is willing to give up a little more of something in value to get what they want and cant pay cash for. I know I've paid up a time or two get something I really wanted and not easy to find, but instead of cash, you are using trade item.

I’m always willing to take trades and sometimes that deal is less than the cash I want out of something. Often cause that was a good buy/trade earlier.

Basically people are silly

Back
Top Bottom