• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Caught this guy last night here in Gwinnett county.

Dcm4588

Default rank <500 posts
Deplorable Lives Matter
33   0
Reaction score
Caught this guy here in Gwinnett county last night on a spinner bait. 10lbs, 22" long large mouth. Just thought I would share for all the other fishing enthusiasts to enjoy.

-Calan-

image.jpgimage.jpg

Private lake. I was told there were no fish bigger than 4-5 lbs. The owner was shocked I threw him back!

sweet, i always throw back. specially at the smaller ponds. only time i ever keep fish is trout up in the mountains, and sometimes if i go below the damn on the hooch, if im craving trout and dont want to drive lol.

not sure if they make it anymore, i have a small stockpile lol, but the 4inch Culprit worm in Red Shad is killer for small ponds. weightless with a 2/0 worm hook.

I believe I have some in a different color?!?

Either way, this lake is loaded but they are mostly in the 1-5lb range. I hooked a large one a few weeks back and he pulled my treble hook off my crank bait. So this time I went out with a chartreuse double blade spinner bait and low and behold, something big liked it.

I believe I have some in a different color?!?

Either way, this lake is loaded but they are mostly in the 1-5lb range. I hooked a large one a few weeks back and he pulled my treble hook off my crank bait. So this time I went out with a chartreuse double blade spinner bait and low and behold, something big liked it.

nice. chatter baits, topwater frogs, chug bugs, 4-6inch dark color worms(not black though) hooked weightless are all my small pond slayers. and sometimes a shallow running crankbait, natural colors. and the small senko worms sometimes work.

Back
Top Bottom