• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baitcaster won’t pull in line ?

Just got a new baitcaster and I was casting a pretty lightweight lure and I had a problem where no matter what I did with my drag adjustments I couldn’t get it to take up line. Got a big bite and it took off with the lure couldn’t crank it in
It had adjustment when it was bringing in line
Had no issues with setting it up but once I applied any negative pressure it wouldn’t do anything
Take it back where you got it.

just unspooled and put in some new line, the line is reeling in good but now once I close the bail with my lure on it the weight of the lure just drops the line and it won’t reel in unless I manually turn it with my hand and reel it in. Only time it holds the lure up is when the bail is open
Baitcasters dont have a bail, it sounds like thats a spinning reel.

Are you sure the line is spooled through the bail so it can actually grab the line and spin it around the spool? Post a picture of your setup if you can, that would help.

Are you sure the line is spooled through the bail so it can actually grab the line and spin it around the spool? Post a picture of your setup if you can, that would help.
If it’s a baitcaster and has a full spool of line, I couldn’t see it slipping. OP, when you reel does the spool spin but not the line bale? Or does the spool not spin/retrieve?

Back
Top Bottom