• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CCI Ammo

Al Capone

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
What’s the difference between CCI quiet and CCI subsonic? Which is better for using cans? Which is quietest? I’m new to the suppressor game. Is it more about feet per second?

CCI quiet is 710 FPS and won’t cycle through a semi auto but for bolt action it’s magical suppressed. CCI subsonic is 1050 FPS and is supposed to cycle through semi auto... in semi auto I use CCI standard which is 1070 and is very quiet suppressed also. If you’re hunting though with a bolt action there is a CCI quiet segmented hollow point that is a great round.

What’s the difference between CCI quiet and CCI subsonic? Which is better for using cans? Which is quietest? I’m new to the suppressor game. Is it more about feet per second?

My biggest problem with 22 LRs and guns isn't so much the manufacturer per se; it's the force necessary to overcome the resistance (or recoil drain?) from the can and the slide recoil. I have two Beretta Model 87s (and an extra threaded barrel) AND a Sig Mosquito 22 LR with threaded barrel and they ALL are very particular about the ammo and load big enough to cycle the action with the can attached. Hope this helps.

CCI quiet is 710 FPS and won’t cycle through a semi auto but for bolt action it’s magical suppressed. CCI subsonic is 1050 FPS and is supposed to cycle through semi auto... in semi auto I use CCI standard which is 1070 and is very quiet suppressed also. If you’re hunting though with a bolt action there is a CCI quiet segmented hollow point that is a great round.
How quiet is regular big box store brick ammo?

Yeah...all that stuff varies.....I've got a PMR30 that shoots 22WMR and I swear it's louder than my loudest 45 Auto gun with ANY ammo. I also have a SW Model 617 10 shoot 22lr I shot in my basement to a shot trap not far from my computer I use sometimes to express frustration with things said.... I've even taken to using that Colibri Primer-Only loads for plinking in that case, and It's just as quiet as a suppressor can with regular 22LRs....

Back
Top Bottom