• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CCI Ammo

Yeah...all that stuff varies.....I've got a PMR30 that shoots 22WMR and I swear it's louder than my loudest 45 Auto gun with ANY ammo. I also have a SW Model 617 10 shoot 22lr I shot in my basement to a shot trap not far from my computer I use sometimes to express frustration with things said.... I've even taken to using that Colibri Primer-Only loads for plinking in that case, and It's just as quiet as a suppressor can with regular 22LRs....

Yep, but he asked about big box bricks and they are all pretty loud. They are much quieter supressed but Atilla got that downrange pop.

Here is the info I have found over the past couple of years of rimfire use and now with cans:

CCI Standard #0032 1070 fps 40 grain bullet
CCI Quiet #960 710 fps 40 gr bullet - great round for the least amount of noise. Ideal for bolt action rifles or single shots. will not cycle semi auto rifles or pistols.
CCI Quiet Semi Auto #975CC 835 fps 45gr bullet - similar to Quiet but with a bit more power so that it will cycle most semi auto pistols and rifles
CCI Suppressor #0957 970 fps 45 gr bullet
CCI Clean 22 Subsonic #934CC 1070 fps 40 gr bullet (same as the CCI standard but with a blue coated bullet for less cleaning- there's also a red coated version that's high velocity)
CCI Segmented Hollow Point #0074 1050 fps, 40gr segmented HP bullet
CCI Subsonic HP #0056 1050 fps, 40gr HP bullet
CCI Quiet-22 Segmented HP #0970 710 fps, 40gr segmented HP bullet- same as Quiet above but HP for hunting
CCI Green Tag #0033 1070fps, 40gr lead bullet, target ammunition

Aguilla-

Colibri 1B222337 420fps, 20gr lead bullet (the "standard" Colibiri is designed for pistols- if you shoot it in rifles, make sure each round cleans the barrel so you don't have any obstructions)
Super Colibri 1B222339 590 fps, 20gr lead bullet (Super Colibiri is designed for rifles- more powder makes sure the bullet exits the longer barrels)
Colibri rounds- if you shoot them a lot, clean your chamber before you switch back to LR rounds. I've had issues with carbon ring in my daughters Rascal after shooting a lot of Colibri and not being able to chamber standard 22lr
SSS Sniper Subsonic 1B222112 (50 round) 950 fps, 60gr. Be careful using this with suppressors. I've not shot it but watch your twist rate on barrels, the 60gr bullet will tumble causing baffle strikes in some rifles/pistols. They recommend a 1:7 or 1:9 twist rate for these. Some folks have no issues, but some do. Try without a can first!

Remington Subsonic 21150 (50 rounds) 1050 fps, 38gr HP
Winchester M22 Subsonic S22LRTSUP 1090 fps, 45gr
Norma Subsonic 240065 (50 round) 1017fpg, 40gr HP
Eley Subsonic A05400 (50 round) 1040fps, 38gr HP
Federal AutoMatch 40gr LRN 1200fps (the bulk 325 packs you find a many stores)

Lastly if you are shooting thru a pistol or rifle (SBR) with a 4.5" barrel or less, most of the standard bulk ammo (1100-1200fps, I shoot a lot of Federal Automatch) will stay subsonic.

Here is the info I have found over the past couple of years of rimfire use and now with cans:

SSS Sniper Subsonic 1B222112 (50 round) 950 fps, 60gr. Be careful using this with suppressors. I've not shot it but watch your twist rate on barrels, the 60gr bullet will tumble causing baffle strikes in some rifles/pistols. They recommend a 1:7 or 1:9 twist rate for these. Some folks have no issues, but some do. Try without a can first!

Lastly if you are shooting thru a pistol or rifle (SBR) with a 4.5" barrel or less, most of the standard bulk ammo (1100-1200fps, I shoot a lot of Federal Automatch) will stay subsonic.
This stuff will also often times cycle a semi when nothing else will. You're absolutely correct about testing it for keyholing before shooting it through a suppressor.

The 22wmr derringers are legend for noise and flash. Cops carry them sometimes and there is no doubt when the backup is being used.
I would expect that out of a derringer. I had to take a second and third look at the PMR to make sure it was really the cartridge it said it was. :shocked:

That's cause you been watching too many James Bond movies.......:laser:
That's LSU, GeauxLSU
That thing was honestly as unpleasant to shoot as anything I've ever shot (including .500 and .460). At least with big bore handguns you expect it. That stupid thing is idiotic.

Back
Top Bottom