• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CCI Ammo

I occasionally use CCI Quiets out of my CZ 457 with a 24” barrel. Pellet gun-quiet given the length but fly truer than the shorty, lighter CB Shorts at a distance for quiet work. Even going down to about a 20” barrel in my old Savage Model 5 bolt is substantially louder. In the 24” barrel CZ, it negates the need for a suppressor IMO. As a side note, CCI warns not to use Quiets in barrel lengths over 24”.

My daughter is a bit noise sensitive w/o hearing protection and I buy Quiets mainly so she can use them in her little short barreled Savage Rascal when squirrel hunting w/minimal pop. Standards are great too... juuust subsonic. They’re awesome in the CZ. I’ll buy the relatively cheap Blazers too but the standards are my preferred round if I could only buy 1 CCI .22LR round.

I occasionally use CCI Quiets out of my CZ 457 with a 24” barrel. Pellet gun-quiet given the length but fly truer than the shorty, lighter CB Shorts at a distance for quiet work. Even going down to about a 20” barrel in my old Savage Model 5 bolt is substantially louder. In the 24” barrel CZ, it negates the need for a suppressor IMO. As a side note, CCI warns not to use Quiets in barrel lengths over 24”.

My daughter is a bit noise sensitive w/o hearing protection and I buy Quiets mainly so she can use them in her little short barreled Savage Rascal when squirrel hunting w/minimal pop. Standards are great too... juuust subsonic. They’re awesome in the CZ. I’ll buy the relatively cheap Blazers too but the standards are my preferred round if I could only buy 1 CCI .22LR round.
I shoot CCI standard velocity out of my CZ455 and they are very quiet with the suppressor on it. I tried the Blazer ammo and it was considerably louder. I'm a fan of the standard velocity CCI.

I have the 457 Lux which has a 24.8” barrel and haven’t tried the quiets in it because of CCI’s statement. Is your 457 right at 24”?

I mainly shoot standards or subsonics out of it.

Quiets out of my Henry are awesome but have switched to hollow point shorts. Love the Henry!

On the topic of CCI Standards, something I discovered from talking to a guy who literally receives his ammo by the pallet (competition bullseye shooter - with sponsorship - up in the north-east).

There are two packaging formats for CCI Standard. There's the 50-round old-school cardboard box, and the 100-round lucite boxes. As of a couple of years ago (and maybe now) - the two variants were manufactured on different production lines, and the 100-round boxed ammo is somewhat more consistent than the cardboard box content, being produced on (from his research) a more modern production line.

Whether this is still the case - no idea - but in 2017 I spent a day at the range with about 500 rounds, a chrono and a couple of sandbags and it certainly seemed to me that the 100-round boxed CCI was better.

Back
Top Bottom