• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cerakote and Head Down products question

glockfan

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
100   0
Reaction score
Has anyone had them do Cerakote work on a firearm and how did it turn out?

I have several frames I want finished and would like it done locally. I use to hear about this company a while back in the firearm circles but I don't hear about them anymore and haven't in a while. Not sure if that's a bad sign or not. Seems all I hear about these days is Dobbs Defense but they can not do Cerakote finishes at this time and could not give me a time frame on when they could. They were very cryptic in the reason why, top secret info I guess.

Can anyone recommend someone in the west Georgia area that does quality work with Cerakote be it Head Down or someone else.

Has anyone had them do Cerakote work on a firearm and how did it turn out?

I have several frames I want finished and would like it done locally. I use to hear about this company a while back in the firearm circles but I don't hear about them anymore and haven't in a while. Not sure if that's a bad sign or not. Seems all I hear about these days is Dobbs Defense but they can not do Cerakote finishes at this time and could not give me a time frame on when they could. They were very cryptic in the reason why, top secret info I guess.

Can anyone recommend someone in the west Georgia area that does quality work with Cerakote be it Head Down or someone else.
Haha, sorry if you got the cryptic response. Racheal has a pretty standard response when people ask about Cerakote. Truth is that we wound up with such a good name in the Cerakote circle that we were offered an indefinite contract for a single company that didn't allow time to work on guns anymore. So we biggie sized our Cerakote operation so we could start catering to our own long time customers again. Well, then another offer comes in for finishing work on a big scale so we never opened back up to taking in custom work again. Right now I have four men working full time on Cerakote operations and a dedicated 1400 sq foot clean room just for prepping and spraying. I am working on getting back into doing custom coatings again and hope to be able to in the next month or so. Problem there is that Frank is irreplaceable and of the half dozen guys I've tried to hire, none of them could do the work Frank does. So basically he has his own support crew now and he just mixes/sprays/cleans like a machine now. He also gets paid very well.

The cryptic part:
We get contract work from other people with non-disclosure agreements. Meaning that we don't tell people who were doing work for. The ability to keep a secret in house gets noticed and other companies use us because of that. I.E. you can claim to have the very best (whatever department) around and I won't tell anyone the wiser, nor will my employees. The gun business is tough right now and we use the tools we have to stay alive. Along with full manufacturing capabilities we also sell silence and I don't steal from my contracts. I like to elude to the Fall Guy theme song.

You might own some products we've made or finished with someone else's name on it and not know it. I'll never tell.

Last thing, ANY gun company that tells you that we are doing their Cerakote is lying. I've ran into this a couple of times in the last year or so. Someone comes in and says "Blahty-Blah company says you did the coating on my firearm and it's messed up.". We've only done a half dozen or so guns in the last year+ for some VIP clients and knocked out a few simple things for friends.

Hope that clears it up man, sorry.

Haha, sorry if you got the cryptic response. Racheal has a pretty standard response when people ask about Cerakote. Truth is that we wound up with such a good name in the Cerakote circle that we were offered an indefinite contract for a single company that didn't allow time to work on guns anymore. So we biggie sized our Cerakote operation so we could start catering to our own long time customers again. Well, then another offer comes in for finishing work on a big scale so we never opened back up to taking in custom work again. Right now I have four men working full time on Cerakote operations and a dedicated 1400 sq foot clean room just for prepping and spraying. I am working on getting back into doing custom coatings again and hope to be able to in the next month or so. Problem there is that Frank is irreplaceable and of the half dozen guys I've tried to hire, none of them could do the work Frank does. So basically he has his own support crew now and he just mixes/sprays/cleans like a machine now. He also gets paid very well.

The cryptic part:
We get contract work from other people with non-disclosure agreements. Meaning that we don't tell people who were doing work for. The ability to keep a secret in house gets noticed and other companies use us because of that. I.E. you can claim to have the very best (whatever department) around and I won't tell anyone the wiser, nor will my employees. The gun business is tough right now and we use the tools we have to stay alive. Along with full manufacturing capabilities we also sell silence and I don't steal from my contracts. I like to elude to the Fall Guy theme song.

You might own some products we've made or finished with someone else's name on it and not know it. I'll never tell.

Last thing, ANY gun company that tells you that we are doing their Cerakote is lying. I've ran into this a couple of times in the last year or so. Someone comes in and says "Blahty-Blah company says you did the coating on my firearm and it's messed up.". We've only done a half dozen or so guns in the last year+ for some VIP clients and knocked out a few simple things for friends.

Hope that clears it up man, sorry.

Frank does very nice work!

Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert does really good Cerakote work! Great guy to deal with! Did my 1911 for me and I am nothing but happy with it!
What he said^

I'm not exactly local, but shipping is always an option. You can ship to me and I can ship directly back to your doorstep. You can see some of my work in this thread

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...e-applicator-in-west-central-georgia.1309793/

Or on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HilandArms/

Even with shipping my price usually beats the bigger guys, and I have a pretty fast turnaround time right now. Usually under two weeks for basic jobs. Thanks for your consideration.

Back
Top Bottom