• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

cerakote vs factory OD

jeffrey

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
20   0
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone thought about cerakote vs factory OD. I have been looking for an OD glock 17 and just cant seem to find what I want. Is it really that big of a difference to get a black one and have it cerakoted the color i want? or is the factory glock OD just that much better?

Depends, do you want to sell it later? If it's a nice, professional job then that shouldn't drop the value too much. On the other hand, if it is bubba'd, then don't expect it to hold value.

Also, none of the factory glocks have had anything but black or silver slides, so if you coat the entire pistol, say FDE, then you may have a sharp looking firearm on your hands.

yeah i mean i wouldn't really plan to sell it for a profit, only time I would sell it is if I just really needed the money. I came across a website that looked to offer some pretty good quality certakoted glocks. They have the option to kote the whole thing and it did look good, I just was going to leave the slide black because i figured the color would wear off the slide pretty quickly

I imagine it'd hurt resale value, but if you don't plan on selling, I see no issue with it. I've considered having my G19 done, but understand that it's not an investment you will do well on if you decide to part with it later.

Back
Top Bottom