Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
disabled deer.JPG
sick  deer.JPG
WGI_0934.JPG

[QUOTEdeer can transmit the virus by direct contact with another animal. ]
So I'm sure most hunters that are concerned about the resource will do everything possible to discourage that...…[/QUOTE]
If I see him he may get shot for that very reason even though most places I have researched said to let it ride. I just don't want to end up with a bunch of deer running around looking like that.

If I see him he may get shot for that very reason even though most places I have researched said to let it ride. I just don't want to end up with a bunch of deer running around looking like that.
It was a too subtle reference to the nose to nose spit swapping over corn piles that is coming.
It's a virus, fatal or not, I agree, not something you want to purposely allow to go unchecked.

It was a too subtle reference to the nose to nose spit swapping over corn piles that is coming.
It's a virus, fatal or not, I agree, not something you want to purposely allow to go unchecked.
This is the biggest problem with allowing hunting over bait, in my opinion, disease is spread on an exponentially faster scale. Food plots accomplish the same end without nearly the downside risk.

i would think the food plot would do the exact same thing. the same deer that would eat the bait,will eat at the food plot.
i am a little funny about the over bait thing. i think it does give an unfair advantage to the kill'em all dont eat them hunters.. i myself am a clean kill kind of guy. as a kid when it was time to slaughter and animal on the farm, we would feed them, pet them and let them know they are loved,then dispatch them quickly. to that end,hunting over bait for me is ending them humanly. i would prefer to hunt over bait, the animal will be happy and i can make a clean shot. i have not,and will never hunt for a trophy. i will hunt for food, and for that i prefer a year or so old doe.
but to the pics at hand, yes end that guy. it may be a parasite or disease, but i would go ahead and take him out and dispose of him..

i would think the food plot would do the exact same thing. the same deer that would eat the bait,will eat at the food plot.
i am a little funny about the over bait thing. i think it does give an unfair advantage to the kill'em all dont eat them hunters.. i myself am a clean kill kind of guy. as a kid when it was time to slaughter and animal on the farm, we would feed them, pet them and let them know they are loved,then dispatch them quickly. to that end,hunting over bait for me is ending them humanly. i would prefer to hunt over bait, the animal will be happy and i can make a clean shot. i have not,and will never hunt for a trophy. i will hunt for food, and for that i prefer a year or so old doe.
but to the pics at hand, yes end that guy. it may be a parasite or disease, but i would go ahead and take him out and dispose of him..
Why do so many people think trophy hunters don't eat what they kill? I'm sure you don't think that, but it is a common belief with non hunters.

Back
Top Bottom