Child critical after accidental shooting in DeKalb County!

Don't know how true it is, but I've seen statements that roughly 80% of the children shot accidentally are shot with an 'illegal' gun.

Makes sense though, since you can't expect a gang-banger who won't use a holster in case he has to ditch his gun to use a safe at the baby-momma's place...

I can't remember the percent of illegal firearms used to shoot "children". The American Pediatric Association is infested with liberal anti-gun leadership that adopted Bloomturd's MAIG's talking points to "reduce gun violence".

However, the pediatric death rate under 9 (and possibly up to 13) years of age has actually been dropping the past couple of decades despite the enormous spike in gun ownership and gun sales in general.

Now the firearm death/injury rate of "children" 14 to as old as 21 has risen. Why? Where is it occurring at? What are the circumstances? These are specifically the questions ignored by nearly all major media, anti-rights groups and biased educated idiots such as the leadership of the American Pediatric Association . When scrutinized the far majority of numbers of "dead by a gun children" are the result of crime and gang activity.

Observe the "children" shooting spikes and folks these are the trends as well from year to year. And ironically this is their chart that they ignore.

Peds firearms injury rate.png

This is the majority of "children" shot/killed by a gun numbers but no one sincerely wants to address it other than attacking the 2nd amendment:

Chicago children.PNG

What no FOID! Oh the horror......

Last edited:
I once had an acquaintance (ex co-worker) that lived in Dekalb County who happened to be a convicted felon. He informed me that he inquired with local LEO that stated convicted felons can lawfully own firearms for self defense as long as it remains in the home. Any truth to that?

6. Is there an exception for guns that someone keeps in their own home or business? Never under federal law and not any more under state law. There used to be a state law that allowed a convicted felon to keep a gun "within his own home or on his lawful place of business." Gen. Stat. § 14-415.1(a). But that provision was deleted effective December 1, 2004. And even prior to the change in the law, the state exception had no effect on the federal gun ban. If someone was barred by federal law from possessing a gun (because they were a convicted felon, a drug addict, etc.), they were not allowed to possess a gun even in their own home or business as a matter of federal law. The State law was no defense to a federal gun prosecution. As the Fourth Circuit put it, "the fact that state law permitted [the defendant] to possess a firearm in his home despite his status as a convicted felon whose civil rights had not been restored [was] not sufficient to insulate him from federal prosecution." United Statesv. King, 119 F.3d 290, 293 (4th Cir. 1997).

Back
Top Bottom