• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Circa 2007 Kenmore HE3T Washing Machine Thumping Noise Repair Advice Needed....

WeedWhackerDood

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for reading my post.

We have a Kenmore HE3T washing machine that has been making a thumping noise for some time now. The past 2 weeks, the thing is getting louder and it seems to now be way off balance during the spin cycles, no matter how big the load inside is.

From my research, it appears that the spider gear and drum assembly needs to be replaced due to a common defect in the equipment. I have not torn into the washer yet, and honestly have no desire to do so, but I am capable of doing so to save hundreds of dollars should someone convince me to do so.

I also have called Sears and they refused to sell me any repair parts as I am not an AUTHORIZED repairman, but I am the owner of the washer. Whatever happened to fixing your own junk? I know, they want to make mad money off of the repair and parts themselves, I understand that aspect.

So I know from pricing the parts elsewhere, like repairclinic.com, that the parts and labor are north of $500 for just the thumping noise issue, and the front door seal needs replacing as it is hard and not yet broken, but soon to be so. It is tearing holes in cloths quite often.

When I tally up the cost of getting this beast back to a quiet and useable state, it is nearly worth buying a new LG, Samsung or other similar recommended by Consumer Report.com replacement washer and not wasting my valuable time repairing this useful soldier in our home.

If anyone has any input or advice, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Trying to spend my family money wisely.

WeedWhackerDood

Jink it, for the price of the parts you can get a new one, with warranty, at Sear's scratch and dent outlet in Tucker.

I forgot about them! Used to buy there all the time many years ago....

After doing the full analysis even paying full retail would be cheaper than 5 he time and money invested in a repair job on this old unit.

thanks for the reminder.

WeedWhackerDood

Back
Top Bottom