Class covering legalities of CCW

tjkane1

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
59   0
Reaction score
Anyone know of a class that addresses the legalities of self defense shooting? Preferably taught by a lawyer or LEO with
actual understanding of how the law is applied in GA. I'm tired of armchair lawyers making claims such as "shoot them in your
front yard and drag them in your house" type stuff.

I come from a profession that deals with lots of regulations and laws and can tell you that reading a law without truly understanding
it's legal interpretation can put you in a world of hurt. There are many legal terms that seem simple but often times have a very specific
legal interpretation that does not coincide with what layman think it means. No one wants to be put in a situation of having to defend
themselves from an aggressor only to become a target of police/prosecutor who doesn't like the idea of citizens defending themselves with a
firearm.

Thanks for any info.

Contact Protective Measures on here. He knows his stuff very well from a civilian legality stand point with regards to all things self defense.

If you are concerned with legalities, I would spend the money on an attorney. No offense to LEO, but I have heard all different types of stuff from LEO and most of it contradicts what the others say.

A very good place to start is by searching gacarry.org then click on the link that takes you to the actual O.C.G.A. codes.

Reading the entire code section (more than once) is a very good thing to do.

While I am friends w/ one defense attorney up here who is very knowledgeable and am acquainted w/ some of the assistant D.A.'s who have come to be good resources, I've found very few attorneys to be extremely well versed in all aspects of weapons laws.

I would imagine that is the case because it would probably not be a very profitable or in demand field to specialize in.

Take a class from Monte at Protective Measures. He knows this material better than anyone I've taken a class from and i've taken several.

Back
Top Bottom