• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classified ad waiting period.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I think I need to have a waiting period on my classified listings. I have a tendency to get the trading/selling itch and sometime wish there was a 7-10 day delay on my listings so I could really make sure its what I want. Once I post it its like a drug and no going back. I have a 3" model 13 that I really like I just havent carried in a few weeks and Im trying to convince myself to hold off at least till tax time to make the choice. Does anyone else have the same problem of just enjoying getting the itch and having to find something to sell?

My problem is finding the cash to BUY! :-) Always a good deal to be found here, unless its something I am REALLY looking for...then I can never find it, or just miss it!

Yeah well at least you are North of Atlanta. When I want to buy or sell I have to factor in living in the other Ga. Oh if I had plenty of money I wouldnt sell any of them. I must sell to buy. Its a self supporting addiction.

Yeah......... there should be a 3-day waiting period before I can BUY a gun... that way I dont buy so many.

I bought a PT1911 saturday, sold a CZ sunday, and almost bought another one Sunday!!

It's like a gambling addiction.

If you play it smart you can set a goal for something you really want and keep trading " up" until you obtain what you want but this requires patience and time to wait for that person who wants what you have to sell.

There are plenty of people who have started with basically nothing and ended trading up for items worth thousands just by having steadfast patience, but trading is addictive and impulsive.

I've had a few guys have buyers remorse as I was handing the product over to them....I could see the pain in their eyes and asked them if they want to back out with no worries...( not many people will ask that.), but they always went through with the deal because its what they wanted.

Yeah, there should be a self imposed waiting period. I am just not disciplined enough to implement it on myself. When I decide to trade something, it is dead to me and will get traded. When I buy something, I cannot get it soon enough. I have made quite a few mistakes with my line of thinking, but I have some guns that I would not have had without thinking that way. All that being said,CAMSDADDY, HOW MUCH FOR THAT M13? hahahaha!

Yeah, there should be a self imposed waiting period. I am just not disciplined enough to implement it on myself. When I decide to trade something, it is dead to me and will get traded. When I buy something, I cannot get it soon enough. I have made quite a few mistakes with my line of thinking, but I have some guns that I would not have had without thinking that way. All that being said,CAMSDADDY, HOW MUCH FOR THAT M13? hahahaha!

Self imposed waiting period........ lol.

I have a self imposed "quota" that frequently get bumped up...

Yeah......... there should be a 3-day waiting period before I can BUY a gun... that way I dont buy so many.

I bought a PT1911 saturday, sold a CZ sunday, and almost bought another one Sunday!!
Sounds familiar the good thing about living down here is we have to plan a trip so it gives us a little more time.

Back
Top Bottom