• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classified ad waiting period.

It's like a gambling addiction.

If you play it smart you can set a goal for something you really want and keep trading " up" until you obtain what you want but this requires patience and time to wait for that person who wants what you have to sell.

There are plenty of people who have started with basically nothing and ended trading up for items worth thousands just by having steadfast patience, but trading is addictive and impulsive.

I've had a few guys have buyers remorse as I was handing the product over to them....I could see the pain in their eyes and asked them if they want to back out with no worries...( not many people will ask that.), but they always went through with the deal because its what they wanted.

Exactly like a gambling addiction (I wont mention how I know). I see what I want and go in clear headed the addiction kicks in and I throw what I have out too cheap and buy too high but in the end I get my toy that I will sell at a loss.

Yeah, there should be a self imposed waiting period. I am just not disciplined enough to implement it on myself. When I decide to trade something, it is dead to me and will get traded. When I buy something, I cannot get it soon enough. I have made quite a few mistakes with my line of thinking, but I have some guns that I would not have had without thinking that way. All that being said,CAMSDADDY, HOW MUCH FOR THAT M13? hahahaha!

Im so far away you wouldnt be interested in this old round gun. That old S&W blue with the wood grips and the buttery smooth k frame trigger plus its a 3". Im sure you wouldnt be interested. Doesnt even have a lock

Yeah, there should be a self imposed waiting period. I am just not disciplined enough to implement it on myself. When I decide to trade something, it is dead to me and will get traded. When I buy something, I cannot get it soon enough. I have made quite a few mistakes with my line of thinking, but I have some guns that I would not have had without thinking that way. All that being said,CAMSDADDY, HOW MUCH FOR THAT M13? hahahaha!

Yeah, like the Man said, "How Much For That Model 13?" Hmm???

Im so far away you wouldnt be interested in this old round gun. That old S&W blue with the wood grips and the buttery smooth k frame trigger plus its a 3". Im sure you wouldnt be interested. Doesnt even have a lock

I'm thinkin' Butler, GA, is prolly' REAL CLOSE to "Half-Way"...an' how could ANYBODY get in TROUBLE in a sleepy lil' Town like BUTLER?!?!...LOL!... :) ....mikey357

Does anyone else have the same problem of just enjoying getting the itch and having to find something to sell?

All the time... I just traded away my G20 for a CZ Phantom. I really like the CZ, but I miss the G20 now. Same thing with the MAK-90 I had. Sold it to buy a S&W 329 Night Guard. I don't regret that one as much because I love the 329 but I really liked the MAK too. Same thing with my old...oh never mind, I could go on forever.

Back
Top Bottom