Cleaning Osprey 45

FOOMAN

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
Need some help. I am sure this has been covered before and if so "I'm Sorry". I know they say you don't need to clean it but I shot it wet (wire pulling gel). Is there something I need to do after shooting? I know to clean the piston but what else do I need to do. Thanks.

The 45 was pretty loud but the 9mm wet was super quiet.

Just shoot in 20 more rounds to dry it and thats it. Just clean the booster assembly. Theres no way to open it without voiding the warranty.

I never shoot wet. TOo dirty. If I do something, I'll try shooting frozen... What you know about that?!

Just shoot in 20 more rounds to dry it and thats it. Just clean the booster assembly. Theres no way to open it without voiding the warranty.

Can't I pour some hopes in it and let it sit. Then use my air compressor to blow out. Or it does not matter? Just trying to figure out the best way to keep it clean.

Can't I pour some hopes in it and let it sit. Then use my air compressor to blow out. Or it does not matter? Just trying to figure out the best way to keep it clean.

Honestly, you can do whatever you want with it. Silencerco is that awesome, they will clean it for you when you send it in. I am not worrying about cleaning it. I have a TiRant 9 and I used to clean that thing every session and I got tired after the 10th time. Cleaning a serviceable suppressor can take an hour. My rifle already takes 2 hours.... I stopped cleaning that also. That thing can run like 5k rounds without hiccups.

Honestly, you can do whatever you want with it. Silencerco is that awesome, they will clean it for you when you send it in. I am not worrying about cleaning it. I have a TiRant 9 and I used to clean that thing every session and I got tired after the 10th time. Cleaning a serviceable suppressor can take an hour. My rifle already takes 2 hours.... I stopped cleaning that also. That thing can run like 5k rounds without hiccups.

I was the same way. Would clean after each outting. **** all that. I clean my gun and only clean my suppressor once every 500-1000 rounds. Even then its a simple clean.

The silencerCo web tells you how to clean

Soak in wd 40 and coat pistons in white lithium

You can also sonic clean

But I only clean after a few hundred rounds

Thanks. I saw that. Can I drop the suppressor in the sonic cleaner? It is just simple green cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom