"Clips for my gun"

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
THEY ARE CALLED MAGAZINES!

I feel better. :)

It was one of the first things I learned about firearms, on the first day I ever held a gun in my hands. Those things that feed rounds into the weapon are called magazines, not clips. :thumb:

Last edited:
^x 2 million. it is so annoying. I know people understand what you mean but that's not the point. But if you are going to purchase something that requires as much responsibility as a firearm does at least learn the BASIC proper lingo. I'm not saying you need to know the exact name of every part in your gun (trunnions, sears, bolts...) but calling a magazine a clip is just plain ignorance. :hand:

Good to know I'm not alone. Its so bad that, if I hear someone I don't even know say "clip" I will say "magazine" out loud. Just can't help it.

When I used hear some one say clip I tried to educate polity, but most of the time they are people that don't really care enough about firearms to remember so I just gave up.

My knowledge is limited,so maybe someone can answer this. Were early repeating firearms mainly clip fed and magazine fed firearms came later?

Magazine fed firearms came first,clip fed later. Thanks google

Last edited:
midwestpoet.files.wordpress.com_2008_03_dead_horse.jpg

I'm just refering to people calling a 1911, Glock, AR15, or AK47 magazines as "clips". It is suppost to be called a clip, then call it a clip, if its called a magazine, call it a magazine. When someone calls a magazine a clip, it makes me think they are going to go up to the firing line holding the pistol "gangsta" style...

Back
Top Bottom