• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMMG Banshee or Built AR9

Thanks for the all the input. I am looking to stay on the ar platform for training consistency at this point. Once i start AK then id consider an ak9.

There are a lot of good options but the mp5/mpx/b&t are even more expensive than the cmmg...

I would love 10mm but i think 9mm fits my pou a bit better right now.

20200207_115923.jpg
love mine and fits in the nightstand.

DrManhattan DrManhattan as @Dirty J said I do have a 9mm conversion SBR utilizing the CMMG radial delayed system. Pretty simple to be honest, buy the barrel, the BCG and the inserts for your Gen 3 Pmags. That's it. You mentioned part of your use case was for 5.56 trainer and PCC, in my mind, this is the way to go for that if your emphasis is on training and not so much on winning. I would still choose my MPX for PCC comps if I was good enough to be competitive with the top guys. I still think it is faster, and most likely more reliable as one gun was built to run 9mm from the ground up, the other a conversion. However, I have had no issues with my conversion yet but I am still at low round count. I will say the 9mm conversion gets a lot more play. I feel like everything carries over to my 5.56 SBR seamlessly so when I am running it its like running my 5.56 just at nearly half price.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200227174403117_COVER (1).jpg

Banshee all day long. It's the best PCC on the market. And yes it's better than the way overpriced MPX.

Just get the barrel/bolt combo for $350 and you're done.

Better than the MPX how?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Much more cost effective - as I said barrel/bolt combo - for the same and in some cases better performance than the MPX. Better performance because based on my experience with a few different suppressors, it shoots better suppressed - less gassy. If suppression doesn't matter to a person, then again much more cost effective for an AR owner.

Back
Top Bottom