• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP reportedly to receive 86,000 M1 Garands from Philipines

from a forum post over 10 years ago....

www.firearmstalk.com_images_3_9_0_8_3_thai_police_w_garands_2009aa_1303.jpg

www.slate.com_content_dam_slate_blogs_crime_2013_08_30_executicaa2f82d18a6032c97adce642c2bc913.jpg

Philippines are a hot humid climate. Hopefully they were stored properly. Look to the CMP forums for any leaked info of their condition when they were inspected.

Probably a 12-18 month supply since now the well is dry. Many will buy 8 at a time while they are available.

I am a bit confused how to go about purchasing from the CMP. I've read about it and it seems pretty simple, but how to prove I am affiliated with a marksmanship program confuses me. Is my GWCL or NRA memberships not enough? If someone can straighten me out I would appreciate it.

MRH, Last I checked, you had to prove that you were a member of an approved shooting club. GSSF counts, if you happen to need membership to a cheap shooting club.

Reactions: MRH
I am a bit confused how to go about purchasing from the CMP. I've read about it and it seems pretty simple, but how to prove I am affiliated with a marksmanship program confuses me. Is my GWCL or NRA memberships not enough? If someone can straighten me out I would appreciate it.

When I did it, I joined the GSSA (think that was the name). Then sent a copy of my membership card along with sworn affidavit of citizenship (notarized), copy of DD214, and filled out application. Snail mail only.

Then the milsurps started arriving. :triumphant:

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom