• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CNN article on race and guns and the civil rights movement

I think the issue here is the perception they mentioned in their 4th sentence that needs to be addressed.

Why is that and what can CNN responsibly do to change this mindset?

If Jesse Jackson and Al, I want to sit at the right hand of God, Sharpton were not so worried about purposely segregating blacks while denying they have anything in common with whites and others then this perception will continue.

Maybe if they focused their efforts on joining the human race instead of segregating themselves from it and making excuses for violent actions of one of " their own" just because Jesse Jackson is stuck in a friggin time warp and afraid to leave 1967 then his followers will continue to rely on his retardation as their messianic inspiration of the day.

There's a whole lotta good stuff Ol Al And Jesse can do for the black community but they just can't knock that chip off the shoulder and humble themselves.
They would rather point blame than demand personal responsibility and promote good decision making...hence the mindset of the progressive movement.

Last edited:
I don't get my news from CNN but that article is the only place I've heard about the young man shot in the WalMart while holding a toy pellet rifle. The ninny couple that reported the "man with a gun" should be beaten to within an inch of their lives then neutered and the cops that did the shooting should get 21 to life in the State Pen. Most black people I know own guns for the same reasons I do. Shooting sports and protecting our homes (where we live, not our friends). I won't deny that there were racist roots in gun control laws across the U.S. but the people who enacted those laws never thought they would be applied to them or their progeny by an overbearing police state. It has taken a lot of time and money to get these ridiculous laws changed so that everyone is able to defend themselves against predators of all colors.

That is the biggest load of crap I have ever read.... Why is the media trying to start a race war? What is in it for them?

Conflict gives them more viewers, influence, and power. There's a reason murder is the lead story and cute puppy stories are filler at the end.

They lost credibility worthy of no further reading after the 4th sentence.

That's about how far I made it.

Back
Top Bottom