• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cobb County Weapons License Renewal Query

mrauditor

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
78   0
Reaction score
Just logged off of the Probate Court site after completing and printing my renewal application form and saving a copy to my computer. The site instructions say that if you are renewing, you can do so by mail by completing the application, printing it, getting it notarized and submitting it and $30 check or money order. However, when I finished the form, clicked NEXT where it confirmed $30 fee and asked for payment method, there were no options for payment. Rather, you hit SUBMIT and the next page says the application was not saved, so print it and bring $30 in person to handle the renewal. No option to mail the form and payment in. I do not have a problem going in person, but was going to take advantage of the mail-in option. I will now make an appointment and appear in person. Anyone out there had this same experience online ? I will call the Probate number Monday just to see if I missed something. Thanks.

In for answers.
All I can think of is that government is incompetent in general, and the people who design the web pages are not really familiar with what that particular agency does and how they do it-- they're only I.T. experts, not Probate Court matter experts.

I followed up with Probate Court Monday morning with a call for clarification. No human answered. It says if you have questions, go to their website and read the instructions. If you still have questions, leave your name and contact number and they will call you back. I did and they did. Employee says you cannot pay online electronically, but rather print completed app, get it notarized, include copy of driver's license and $30 check or money order and place in mail. I will choose to make an appointment via online, show up in person, pay via credit card and let them handle notarization on the spot. No concern of lost mail with personal info and money order. Will also save me cost of money order and notary fee. Gasoline cost negligible. Thanks.

Cobb has a history of delaying CCWs. Back during 2020, they got really bad.
I had no issues. I actually got my ccw back in January 2020 and luckily for me I got a call saying
Just logged off of the Probate Court site after completing and printing my renewal application form and saving a copy to my computer. The site instructions say that if you are renewing, you can do so by mail by completing the application, printing it, getting it notarized and submitting it and $30 check or money order. However, when I finished the form, clicked NEXT where it confirmed $30 fee and asked for payment method, there were no options for payment. Rather, you hit SUBMIT and the next page says the application was not saved, so print it and bring $30 in person to handle the renewal. No option to mail the form and payment in. I do not have a problem going in person, but was going to take advantage of the mail-in option. I will now make an appointment and appear in person. Anyone out there had this same experience online ? I will call the Probate number Monday just to see if I missed something. Thanks.
you gotta make an appointment now to get a carry permit?

I actually just looked it up on their website. Yea wild man. I’d just go in. Seem like a headache trying to mail it out and hoping it gets to the right person

I made an appointment for yesterday [Monday] and appeared in person to renew the license. I arrived about 40 minutes ahead of my appointment not knowing whether traffic construction or an accident or lack of parking or anything else might delay me. After going thru the metal detector, you proceed to a kiosk down the hall outside the Cobb Sheriff's office and enter your appointment confirmation number into a computer. If it matches, the computer spits out a paper number tag that you take across the hall where one of 3 probate employees behind glass enclosures begin the process procedure. I was in the building no more than 20 minutes and left with a receipt and told that I should receive the license in about 2 weeks. [Merry Christmas.] I was gone before my apppointment time even had arrived. The employees were friendly and professional. [I could see/hear and observe all 3]. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom