• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question about the georgia concealed carry license

Ravager95

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
25   0
Reaction score
I just recently moved and the permits good for another 4 years. Got the new drivers license but do I have to get a new weapons license. Since its a state permit i hope not but the address on my license and carry permit dont match so will that be an issue on a 4473 or anything of that sort?

No, I had to school a young fellow at the Academy Sports gun counter in Athens last week. Just so happens that me and another customer had recently moved and had the proper addresses on our Drivers License but old address on the GWLs. He gave me the 4473 iPad sort of thing with my last name and old zip code and I refused to fill it out until he put the proper zip on it.

He ended up calling his manager who told him that I was correct and to change it in the computer, he also had to change the other guy's. Kind of ticked the clerk off but what the hey!

I've been in a store where a sale was refused because the address didn't match. I have no clue what's right or wrong
If it is being used as the Identification then it has to match. The Carry License is a state issued picture ID and is perfectly legal to use for ID. I normally prefer to use the DL for ID and use the Carry License to exempt them from NICS check. As long as the address on DL matches they are good to go. Some stores have stupid policies that are not required by law. I know of stores where if you make a mistake on a 4473 they require you to come back the next day to try again instead of just giving you a new one. No reason for that. Just store policy.

Back
Top Bottom