• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

College basketball fans?

UK has at least 9 players and maybe as many as 12, that could start on most any other Division 1 team. Coach Cal has done a fine job in keeping the players somewhat happy with their minutes played. BTW, I am not a Coach Cal fan, but I do appreciate the way he has gotten his young team to play defense and buy into the TEAM concept. I watched the Nebraska game last night and there is one young man on that Nebraska team that believes he is the only player on the team who can score. Nebraska was better when he was not in the game.

UK has at least 9 players and maybe as many as 12, that could start on most any other Division 1 team. Coach Cal has done a fine job in keeping the players somewhat happy with their minutes played. BTW, I am not a Coach Cal fan, but I do appreciate the way he has gotten his young team to play defense and buy into the TEAM concept. I watched the Nebraska game last night and there is one young man on that Nebraska team that believes he is the only player on the team who can score. Nebraska was better when he was not in the game.
You have to know those guys realize less minutes playing for UK is worth more to their stock than more minutes playing for xyz.

I don't know why a 3 pointer from Hornsby is the default play. That last play was idiotic. Feed one of the big guys in the paint and go up strong. The worst thing that happens is you go to the foul line for two. The best thing is you go to the foul line to win. Just stupid.

And I've never heard the UK coach before. When he said he told the team he hoped they lost after that technical my jaw hit the floor. I 'think' I like his style. ;)
Calipari probably figured the kids needed a dose of reality - that all the teams they play can beat them- which is true. Better to lose now and go on to win the NCAA. BTW Geaux, can you remember Pistol Pete? What an amazing player- if he were in college today I would like to be his agent..

Calipari probably figured the kids needed a dose of reality - that all the teams they play can beat them- which is true. Better to lose now and go on to win the NCAA. BTW Geaux, can you remember Pistol Pete? What an amazing player- if he were in college today I would like to be his agent..
You know, unfortunately I was too young to appreciate him so didn't "pay attention" like I wish I would have when he was in the NBA (I was born in '65 and he played at LSU in the late 60's). The films I've seen of him simply defy logic. To say he was amazing is an understatement. As they mentioned last night when you average 44 points a game for EVERY YEAR you play (3) WITHOUT the 3 pointer... I mean dang! And what I found most impressive about him was NOT his shooting but his ball handling and passing ability. The man was not human.
I hate he went so young but the way he went (after uttering the words "I feel great" after playing a pick up game) is hard to not appreciate. Truely incredible talent and from everything I've heard from people that knew him an incredible man as well.

Back
Top Bottom