• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College bowls payouts

I can't speak for any University I didn't attend (looks like my Alma Mater know how to run a program though--$0 subsidies). And no, compensation won't fix injuries but that's not my point. I simply thing the athlete (that is the heart and soul of revenue generation) should be compensated beyond a scholarship. That's it. We disagree and that's fine. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Simple question. Do you think coaches earn too much?
You complain about the money spent and your 'taxes', you agree they are in the red, yet you want to spend MORE money? :confused: Your 'argument would have logic if you were debating to END programs.
No, coaches are not paid 'too much'. Nobody is paid 'too much' (except for our current president).

My school made more money than your school. :p

You complain about the money spent and your 'taxes', you agree they are in the red, yet you want to spend MORE money? :confused: Your 'argument would have logic if you were debating to END programs.
No, coaches are not paid 'too much'. Nobody is paid 'too much' (except for our current president).

My alma mater's athletic department operates in the black.

How did you decide the president is paid too much, but no one else is?

Something not mentioned is these guys often play for the glory. They know there are risks as do professional players. However, that risk is rewarded by essentially being a rock star for 4 years. Many people are willing to trade fleeting fame for a lifetime of anonymity. I didn't play beyond high school but I would have jumped at the chance to play D1 not being paid without giving a second thought to injury. I'm not for or against paying players, but they are getting more than just the scholarship in my view that can't be paid for. And then what do you say to the women's water polo players who don't generate money when they want to be paid? Football pays for the majority of athletic programs because they generate the most money.

That doesn't matter. All that matters is LSU has never beat Nebraska prior to me graduating from there. Since then Nebraska has been too scared to play LSU. :p
It's been too long.
Nebraska is (5-0-1) against LSU

Average score: Nebraska 18.7 - LSU 11.7

All games
1987/01/01 Nebraska 30 - LSU 15 W !! Sugar Bowl !!
1985/01/01 Nebraska 28 - LSU 10 W !! Sugar Bowl !!
1983/01/01 Nebraska 21 - LSU 20 W !! Orange Bowl !!
1976/09/11 Nebraska 6 - LSU 6 T
1975/09/13 Nebraska 10 - LSU 7 W
1971/01/01 Nebraska 17 - LSU 12 W !! Orange Bowl !!

Back
Top Bottom