• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College football season 2018 - general smack talk....

Laugh at Ohio State's loss all you want, I bet they will still be a top 10 ranked team Monday AND next Saturday morning's Game Day talk will all about how OSU can make it back to #4 by winning out the season. They are not a top 10 team, neither is Notre Dame or Oklahoma, Texas. But that won't stop the absolute bias of 4 of the 5 power 5 conferences from making sure that the SEC doesn't get the rankings they deserve. I said it in another thread and I will repeat it here:

"Now we all witness the hidden bias in the ranking system once again.
Last week Ohio State who was ranked 6th, beat the 9th ranked team in the nation and moved to #2
At the same time the 5th ranked team in the nation, LSU, beats the 2nd ranked team in the nation, UGA. UGA droped to 8th while LSU stays at 5th.

Anybody want to guess where Ohio State ends up ranked this week after losing to a non ranked team? Above Georgia for sure, and possibly above LSU.
Can’t have too many schools from one conference ranked in the top 25, just can’t have it in today’s “everybody deserves a ranking” world"

Laugh at Ohio State's loss all you want, I bet the will still be a top 10 ranked team Monday. They are not, neither is Notre Dame or Oklahoma, Texas. But that won't stop the absolute bias of 4 of the 5 power 5 conferences from making sure that the SEC doesn't get the rankings they deserve. I said it in another thread and I will repeat it here:

Last week Ohio State who was ranked 6th, beat the 9th ranked team in the nation and moved to #2
At the same time the 5th ranked team in the nation, LSU, beats the 2nd ranked team in the nation, UGA. UGA droped to 8th while LSU stays at 5th.

Anybody want to guess where Ohio State ends up ranked this week after losing to a non ranked team? Above Georgia for sure, and possibly above LSU.
Can’t have too many schools from one conference ranked in the top 25, just can’t have it in today’s “everybody deserves a ranking” world"
Yep.

No worries Brother, when the season's over this year it will be like 11 of the last 20 years......The National Champion will be from the SEC....And most likely Alabama will secure their 6th National Championship in 10 years! Although I am hoping against hope Georgia can find a way to win it all.

They can "vote like they hope", but in the end you gotta play to win the National Championship. And when it comes to playing THE SEC alone has won 11 National Championships in the past 20 years....More than EVERY OTHER conference combined!

i.imgur.com_XQZgy1E.jpg

And I STILL contend, LSU is not very good.

LOL, you have been getting that wrong all year. The are good, very good, they just have the distinction of being in the toughest division of the toughest conference in college football, that's all.

LOL, you have been getting that wrong all year. The are good, very good, they just have the distinction of being in the toughest division of the toughest conference in college football, that's all.
It is true they are in the toughest conference and likely division (though this year is weird) I wish it was true, but it's not that they are "very good". Being good, and winning a game on any given Saturday aren't one in the same. Yes, "they beat 3 top 10 teams which no other team can come close to claiming". But where are Miami and Auburn today? Georgia made the mistake of apparently believing their own press and feeling they were owed the win. LSU was up for the game and it was by FAR the most complete game they've played this season. Every other win honestly defined "ugly". UGA honestly looked like they were sleep walking and wanted to just go home from the first snap. It was weird. Look at LSU's stats and try and guess their record. I'm telling you, they are not a top 5 team. (unless everybody really REALLY sucks). Are they above average? Well sure, they have above average talent. I think they could probably beat Clemson most days but then again I think Clemson is way over ranked too. Maybe it's just the hard reality that there is Bama... and everybody else. LSU will be without their best defensive player for the first half against Bama which is going to put a highlight on the gulf between the two teams. LSU will be as amped as possible for that game and will still get humiliated. If I'm wrong and they pull of the unthinkable, then I'll admit... they are a top 5 team (after I stop laughing for hours). ;)

Laugh at Ohio State's loss all you want, I bet they will still be a top 10 ranked team Monday AND next Saturday morning's Game Day talk will all about how OSU can make it back to #4 by winning out the season. They are not a top 10 team, neither is Notre Dame or Oklahoma, Texas. But that won't stop the absolute bias of 4 of the 5 power 5 conferences from making sure that the SEC doesn't get the rankings they deserve. I said it in another thread and I will repeat it here:

Heck LSU DROPPED in the power rankings. http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...otball-power-rankings-does-lsu-enough-offense

And there it is.....Notre Dame, Michigan and Oklahoma WHO HAD TO GO TO OVERTIME TO BEAT ARMY ranked above LSU in the power rankings. I rest my case!

Your thoughts on the "goodness" of LSU aside, where would those three be if they had already faced Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State so far this year? I don't think any of them would have less than 2 losses on their record.

And there it is.....Notre Dame, Michigan and Oklahoma WHO HAD TO GO TO OVERTIME TO BEAT ARMY ranked above LSU in the power rankings. I rest my case!

Your thoughts on the "goodness" of LSU aside, where would those three be if they had already faced Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State so far this year? I don't think any of them would have less than 2 losses on their record.
I'm sure they'll go up with OSU's lost in the AP/Coaches but yeah... there is definite bias in the way loses and 'undefeateds' get treated in other conferences.
I completely agree with your last sentence. Some of the perennial 'power houses' would be another Vanderbilt in the SEC.

Back
Top Bottom