• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College World Series 2017

It was a heck of a game. The Florida pitcher was pretty dominant. I told the wife early on that LSU had to have good pitching from the beginning to win, and they just didn't. Next games will be different. Poche and Lange are scheduled.

I just don't get it. You have THAT stable of pitchers and you put in the guy who hasn't started in forever and has a 8+ ERA?!? :suspicious: And then he pitches to an ..... 8+ ERA because you LEAVE HIM IN until the damage is done? On THE most important game of the year and of many of these kid's lives?!?! What the ever living heck? They obviously have the bench to beat them twice (like they did Oregon State) but I'm not sure I'd want to go to the well that many times. Dang..... :tsk:
Manieri said he "got greedy" by leaving him in. No, he just got stupid/arrogant. Very bizarre.

Tough one......as a couple of hits, steals, base runs, calls going the other way and you have a possible LSU win.
Impressive errorless play on both sides. Manieri obviously graduated the Bobby Cox school of management and learned the Leibrandt method well. Great to watch kids playing with a lot of heart. Tonight should be another duel.

Back
Top Bottom