• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt stops long gun production. (merged threads)

The AR Bunker just posted this.

BA336E5B-D83E-43B5-B414-6137D0F2126C.jpeg

It would be slick if they used this to sell off all their excess inventory and then jumped back in and started selling them again. Cheesy, but slick.

I can't see that happening though. There's not a lot of overlap between Mil guns and civilian when it comes to actual production from what I heard an FN exec describe in a podcast a few years back when they introduced their civilian lineup.

They can't co-mingle them on the same line, and there would be retooling if they had to swap back and forth (although maybe that's what they are doing).

Colt always seems to go through these see-saw cycles where they love civilian sales, then hate them, then love them, then hate them... This is just another pass through that same old story.

I’m mad as hell at Colt right now over a different issue, but I will say this. I have a reissue 70 Series Gold Cup and the quality is through the roof, thanks to CNC machining, I guess. I also have a 90s 6920 and a first year 6940. I think they are very good quality ARs. There is nothing wrong with a $1000 AR if it can always be sold for that or more. Maybe there is a tad of Colt envy in this thread.

Overall, I’m a fan of Colt as a company, mainly because of their history and due to a lot of guns OTHER THAN their civilian AR’s.......but, this ain’t the first time Colt has pulled shenanigans with the civilian AR market. Oversized takedown pins that don’t fit other folks’ stuff, anyone?

I’m mad as hell at Colt right now over a different issue, but I will say this. I have a reissue 70 Series Gold Cup and the quality is through the roof, thanks to CNC machining, I guess. I also have a 90s 6920 and a first year 6940. I think they are very good quality ARs. There is nothing wrong with a $1000 AR if it can always be sold for that or more. Maybe there is a tad of Colt envy in this thread.
Cain't you git a AR jess as gooder as a Colt fer $500?

Back
Top Bottom