• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Communication when trying to buy/sale

I am on here pretty much every day. However, I rarely sale anything, and I seldom see anything that gets me interested enough to try and buy. What is the general rule of thumb on communication through PM's if you're trying to buy?

Long story short...
I had contacted a fellow member about an item for sale (PM). He got back to me immediately. I had asked a question, and he said he would check and get back to me. I told him I was wanting to buy...then he goes silent...for three days. The item is still up for sale, and I sent a couple more PM's just to ask if the item was still for sale. No response.

Am I being too butthurt, or is there a general rule for how selling should go on OT. First come, first serve? I'm not exactly clear on the etiquette I guess. The few transactions I've had have been great, and I wanted to know what generally is considered normal transaction protocol.

Thanks

and if this is the wrong forum section let me know where to post this
IT HAPPENS ALOT MORE THAN IT SHOULD.

Regrettably it's an uncommon practice on ODT but it happens. I have had people tell me they are too busy to respond to PMs; I don't respond because I am too busy to give them my money.

ODT is just an extension of society in general. There are a few people on here who just didn't get good home training and that's really not their fault.

Best thing to do is just move on, nothing you can really do about it, being a douche bag doesn't violate forum rules, calling someone a douche bad does.

Truth is that there are very few unique items on ODT (or any other forum for that matter), Wait a while and the same thing will come up, maybe in better condition or a better price.

Point is you getting butthurt isn't going to make the douche bag a better person.

IMHO not replying to pm's is getting to be the norm. It happened to me last week. I sent a pm telling the guy I would buy at his price and no reply. I waited a few days and sent a second pm and asked is there a reason why you have not replied to my pm telling you I would take it? No response but he marked the item gone. Common courtesy is not common any more.

I guess I've been very fortunate. Every item I've bought I've sent a PM saying I'll take it or my offer. I reply to the thread with PM sent.

In every instance the item was still available we've just arranged a place and time and went from there.

Sounds like it's turning into Russian roulette though. Maybe you'll get a good seller, maybe a dead beat:(

Maybe he has you blocked and cannot see your PM.
Just because you see his posts does not mean he can see yours

Back
Top Bottom