• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Complete .22lr upper w/ 2 mags $139

That'll work but you'll need a bcg conversion. Where as this upper comes with the correct bcg and all.
Does this upper have a Ciener/Attchison style bolt? It has to be similar, because it will accept Black Dog mags.

If it is a Ciener/Attchison style bolt, then all you have to do is remove the .22lr barrel collar and replace it with a .223 chamber adapter.

Here are some examples of the two different setups (and a sweet deal on a dedicated 4" .22lr barrel)...............

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...d-22lr-barrel-for-ar-15-pistol-or-sbr.898050/

I have a CMMG wasp .22 upper.. Great fun, eats everything I feed it.. No issues whatsoever. Accuracy, not so hot though... with federal match bulk ammo even at 25 yards my 22/45 gets tighter groups

Does this upper have a Ciener/Attchison style bolt? It has to be similar, because it will accept Black Dog mags.

If it is a Ciener/Attchison style bolt, then all you have to do is remove the .22lr barrel collar and replace it with a .223 chamber adapter.

Here are some examples of the two different setups (and a sweet deal on a dedicated 4" .22lr barrel)...............

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...d-22lr-barrel-for-ar-15-pistol-or-sbr.898050/
This is the bolt
image.jpg

OK, I have one of these uppers, and here are the facts:
  • polymer upper, but CAN be replaced with a standard upper. I've done this and have no problems, the bolt was tight, but a bit of light polishing corrected that.
  • STEEL M4 style barrel, compatible with any upper. The flash hider is pined with a set screw, and is NOT threaded. I cut the threaded end of an airsoft rifle, with about 1 inch of the barrel. I bored the end to the same dimension as the .22 barrel and pinned it to the barrel. Now I can use any airsoft flash-hider on the rifle, even phony cans...
  • the charging handle is NOT compatible with an AR Bolt, you need to use the one provided.
  • CMMG mags work fine, but there's a small tab that prevents you from inserting the mag into a standard lower, just file that tab off and it works better than the Chiappa mags.
  • The WEAK point is the bolt block where the recoil rod and spring is attached. There are 2 designs, the NEW design is by far stronger.
  • The spring is the same size as the recoil spring from a Ruger 10/22, but just 1 1/2 inches shorter.
I had TONS of problems getting replacement parts from Chiappa, finally got through to their US distributors. For $139 I'd say go for it, it'll pin to any AR lower.

OK, I have one of these uppers, and here are the facts:
  • polymer upper, but CAN be replaced with a standard upper. I've done this and have no problems, the bolt was tight, but a bit of light polishing corrected that.
  • STEEL M4 style barrel, compatible with any upper. The flash hider is pined with a set screw, and is NOT threaded. I cut the threaded end of an airsoft rifle, with about 1 inch of the barrel. I bored the end to the same dimension as the .22 barrel and pinned it to the barrel. Now I can use any airsoft flash-hider on the rifle, even phony cans...
  • the charging handle is NOT compatible with an AR Bolt, you need to use the one provided.
  • CMMG mags work fine, but there's a small tab that prevents you from inserting the mag into a standard lower, just file that tab off and it works better than the Chiappa mags.
  • The WEAK point is the bolt block where the recoil rod and spring is attached. There are 2 designs, the NEW design is by far stronger.
  • The spring is the same size as the recoil spring from a Ruger 10/22, but just 1 1/2 inches shorter.
I had TONS of problems getting replacement parts from Chiappa, finally got through to their US distributors. For $139 I'd say go for it, it'll pin to any AR lower.

WOW!

Thanks for all the awesome info!

You mention that you had trouble getting replacement parts. What parts have you had to replace?

Also, how can you tell which version the bolt block is?

Thanks for your time.

Identifying the bolt block is fairly easy, this is the OLD bolt block. These tabs hold a "C" clip that holds the recoil rod. This clip often falls out causing the rod to separate and the spring to become twisted:
upload_2015-5-11_10-40-16.png

New bolt block changed the tabs and clip to a solid blick and pin holding the rod in place:
upload_2015-5-11_10-41-30.png

The entire (new) bolt:
upload_2015-5-11_10-56-38.png

Charging handle for an AR15:
upload_2015-5-11_11-0-22.png

Charging handle for the Chiappia:
upload_2015-5-11_11-8-32.png

Replacement recoil spring, use a Ruger 10/22 spring shortened from 145mm to 95mm:
upload_2015-5-11_11-17-9.png

Back
Top Bottom