• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Components for 300 BO reloading - where do you source yours?

Cobalt 60

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
Surprised I did not find a recent thread using the search feature.

A few questions:

1) what is the best source for brass you have found? Will probably make some, but would like to be able to just order some.

2) what is the best source for projectiles of the 220 grain (or so) variety?

3) what powders have you found that work well?

Thanks in advance.

If you don't mind using reformed 5.56 brass then Top Brass makes some good stuff that is pretty affordable ($65 for 250).

I just got some 208 grain A-Max bullets, some 180 grain BTSP and some 195 grain BTHPs from Grafs. All of them will stay subsonic in a 9" barrel.

As for powder, my go to powder is H110/W296.

I use H110/W296 as well. Have used some AA1680.
Have just started looking at shooter's pro shop for bullets.
Brass has been posted on here, and PDA runs some deals as well.

Just getting into 300BLK
Making my own brass. It's easy once you get set up.

So far tried 110g, 150g and 220g loads.

MissouriBullet.com sells a Hi-Tek coated 240g bullet. I have some on order for $0.16 plus shipping.
Getting the right seating depth for my chambers will be the first step, followed by getting these monsters loading out of the mag.

For powder, I've worked up a few loads with some old 2400 that I had, but am using 4227 now.
The 4227 seems to cycle better in my 8.5" and 16" CMMG barrels.

Just getting into 300BLK
Making my own brass. It's easy once you get set up.

So far tried 110g, 150g and 220g loads.

MissouriBullet.com sells a Hi-Tek coated 240g bullet. I have some on order for $0.16 plus shipping.
Getting the right seating depth for my chambers will be the first step, followed by getting these monsters loading out of the mag.

For powder, I've worked up a few loads with some old 2400 that I had, but am using 4227 now.
The 4227 seems to cycle better in my 8.5" and 16" CMMG barrels.

Those Missouri bullets look promising!

I just got lots of 100 cleaned cut and resized from Palmetto State for $9.99. I went ahead and got 700 to be safe. Now I don't have to crawl all over the ground making sure I pick up every last piece of brass! I don't know if the deal is still going on, but they run it quite a bit. As for getting A1680.. I have no idea. I'm running low and have resorted to using other powders like LilGun and 4198. I go to Midway and get Sierra Match Blems for a fraction of the cost of normal match. They have 190s on sale right now (They dont say that they are Sierra, but if they aren't, they sure are great copies!).

Back
Top Bottom