Comprehensive and growing list of pro and anti 2nd amendment companies

StateLine

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
http://www.2acheck.com/

They have taken the time to personally contact each of the companies on their 'boycott" list in order to confirm their anti-gun policies. I hope that everyone will take a minute to look over the list.

On a related note, BB&T Bank is on the list and they confirmed that it is their policy to prohibit firearms. HOWEVER, here in South Carolina, the statute is extremely specific about the shape, size, color, graphics, and wording that must be displayed at a public business in order to prohibit firearms. If the sign is not in compliance with the law, then it has no authority. I bank at the local BB&T branch and recently snapped a picture of their sign. It is nowhere near compliance with the law. Therefore, any CWP holder may still legally carry in that bank without any concern of legal repercussion, unless and until they bring their sign into compliance.

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.
(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.
(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:
(1) clearly visible from outside the building;
(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;
(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;
(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;
(5) a diameter of a circle; and
(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.
(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:
(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;
(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;
(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;
(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;
(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

312359_4911557681077_569643405_n.jpg

I wrote to Groupon to voice my opinion. After 2 automated responses, I got this.

## Reply above this line ##
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us.
We understand that this is a sensitive topic, and that some of our customers may not agree with our choice to pause the promotion of firearm-related deals. Groupon has always aimed to offer a diverse range of products and services to meet the various tastes and interests of our subscribers. However, at this time, enough customers and merchants have voiced their opinions that we believe a hiatus is warranted.
Please note that we have never sold guns, and this hiatus only applies to firearm-related deals including shooting ranges, clay pigeon shooting, and concealed weapons training classes. We have not made a final determination regarding this category -- we are simply taking a break and may reevaluate in the future.
If you'd still like to unsubscribe, you can do so by clicking "Unsubscribe from all Groupon emails" in your account at www.groupon.com/subscription_center, or the "unsubscribe with one click" link at the bottom of our daily emails.
We genuinely appreciate your opinion and the feedback you've given us. I'll be sure to share your comments with the appropriate people.
Regards,
Randy B.
Groupon Customer Support

who walks up to a door looking at the floor for a sign. who ever put that there was not very bright to start with. but hey I feel most sign's don't pertain to me anyway.

i dont read signs, but i do applaud you for taking an initiative and force them to at least make that sign huge

You don't read signs? Remind me to stay off the roads when you're driving.

Who's trying to force what? You lost me. All I pointed out was that BB&T has an anti-gun policy but their signage doesn't comply with SC law and therefore has no lawful authority. I certainly haven't contacted BB&T to encourage them to bring their sign into compliance. I guess signs aren't the only thing you don't read. :lol:

Need to pass a law that says any business prohibiting me from carrying my weapon must have an armed security guard on premises any time customers are on the property.

Of course any business that sells firearms or provides for their use could also have armed employees.

This drives my g/f nuts....I won't eat at several restaurants because they don't allow carry. You don't support me, I won't support you. My dime may just be a drop in the bucket, but it ain't gonna be yours!

Back
Top Bottom