• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed versus open gun pucker moment

Dbodt

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
9   0
Reaction score
Had a rather awkward moment today. I was shopping and pulled up directly in front of a store. Another gentlemen was backing in to the space to my left. I pulled in forward so both of us were facing each other when exiting the vehicles. First off I was like why is this dude backing in? So the suspicion meter goes ping. He is getting out just about two seconds before me. I am half way out of my vehicle then I notice a gun come out of his door panel and in his right hand. I mean he made no attempt to be discreet or even stay tucked in the door opening behind the door. I did not even actually realize this at the precise moment, but I was proud of the fact that I had picked up on it and I had my hand inside my jacket pocket on my nine millimeter. Luckily he proceeded to place the subcompact into his back pocket. He then looked over and realized that I most likely had my hand inside my jacket pocket ready to draw my weapon. We both chuckled and went about our shopping. I like to think that I am a little more discreet when transferring my gun from the vehicle to a holster or inside jacket pocket, but wow that could have went bad really quick. I do not believe I over acted, I never pulled my gun from the holstered position, however I did have my hand completely around the grip. Anyone else ever have this happen to them? How did you handle it?

Last edited:
That is the most amazing story I have ever heard!! Action, suspense, intrigue... I laughed, I cried and even found myself craughing at one point.

I have to say though, the part where the random law abiding citizen moved his firearm to his holster was, by far, the most intense. I was like "whoah!" then it was over as quick as that.

I would really like to have seen more character development in the beginning and truly believe the story would have benefitted if it had, in fact, had a point. Regardless, I found the subject matter riveting and the storyteller to be fascinating.

img.tapatalk.com_d_13_12_28_etybahu9.jpg

That is the most amazing story I have ever heard!! Action, suspense, intrigue... I laughed, I cried and even found myself craughing at one point.

I have to say though, the part where the random law abiding citizen moved his firearm to his holster was, by far, the most intense. I was like "whoah!" then it was over as quick as that.

I would really like to have seen more character development in the beginning and truly believe the story would have benefitted if it had, in fact, had a point. Regardless, I found the subject matter riveting and the storyteller to be fascinating.
Fascinating. Compelling, and rich

for a minute i thought this thread was going to be a rant about people who back into parking spaces.....then i read more....

id like to think i'm more discreet than he was, but most likely, i'm probably not....lol

Ok that's funny.

So is that one or two thumbs up, Siskel?

Back
Top Bottom