• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed versus open gun pucker moment

Story time. This one time in Iraq..........................and then I was like point that AK somewhere else.......................and then.........................The end. I like stories.

OP, they seem to be pretty critical of the decisions you made. Care to explain a little further in detail this person's demeanor or in other words "profile" him so maybe they can understand the justification for your actions.

OP probably wouldn't even have given a second thought watching me walk across the parking lot of a store with a holstered 1911, and a Hi-power in each hand...Granted, It was Adventure outdoors, which is not unusual there...Location, location, location...
Saw a young guy in my local mom and pop store the other day open carrying a Taurus 1911. So what do I do? I asked him what he was carrying and how he liked it, I showed him mine, and we talked guns for a few minutes, then, a local advanced pistol instructor walks in with his glock on his hip and told us both how wrong we were for not carrying a glock...The cashier commented on how safe she felt with all this firepower in her store. We all laughed, and said see ya later.
True story.

OP, they seem to be pretty critical of the decisions you made. Care to explain a little further in detail this person's demeanor or in other words "profile" him so maybe they can understand the justification for your actions.
I think the awkward part of the situation was he actually made no effort to conceal or be discreet he actually slowly turned 360 degrees with the gun in his hand looked back in the store for a few seconds then back in his back seat for a few seconds, for some reason, before he started to put in his back pocket. I was kinda like wth is this guy doing? For all I know he was intending to rob the store. Go figure. Just struck me odd. In hindsight I think we all get so accustomed to carrying firearms that it is just a tool to us. We become nonchalent. We could easily underestimate how alarming this could look to someone seeing something like this and assuming something bad is going to happen.

Last edited:
OP probably wouldn't even have given a second thought watching me walk across the parking lot of a store with a holstered 1911, and a Hi-power in each hand...Granted, It was Adventure outdoors, which is not unusual there...Location, location, location...
Saw a young guy in my local mom and pop store the other day open carrying a Taurus 1911. So what do I do? I asked him what he was carrying and how he liked it, I showed him mine, and we talked guns for a few minutes, then, a local advanced pistol instructor walks in with his glock on his hip and told us both how wrong we were for not carrying a glock...The cashier commented on how safe she felt with all this firepower in her store. We all laughed, and said see ya later.
True story.

Yea, this was at a convenience store. Any other place and I would not have thought anything.

Back
Top Bottom