• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cook To Temperature

ALWAYS allow meat to rest 10 mins after pulling from cooking surface.

View attachment 2152283

Those temps look way too high

1560086171917803863505.jpg

Those temps look way too high

View attachment 2152838
A lot of those temps would burn the piss out of meat if you are grilling, but the guide doesn’t exactly explain that some are for slow cooking. You can get meat to much higher temps slow cooking and it will be fine. The slow gradual increase breaks down tougher cuts. Domestic pork is fatty enough that the meat won’t dry out at higher temps. Leaner cuts burn at higher temps.

"Those temps look way too high"

They are, but for folks who do not know there way around the kitchen, they will keep them out of trouble.

We have a Culinary Center at the office and three chefs on staff.

I personally go with the low end of the temps you posted, with the exception of pork. Gotta respect the pork, it can have some nasty stuff hiding inside.

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

Tell me more. I think I know what you’re saying but could use some details.
When I check the steak after searing I push down on the middle of the steak with my index finger. You can tell how a piece of meat is doing by the resistance it gives. The firmer it is will tell you at what stage it is in the cooking process..I agree with several opinions on letting the steak sit for a few..Meat when cutting, when it is too hot will loose juice, let it sit and it won't loose as much juice.

Back
Top Bottom