• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Coronavirus Pandemic (many threads merged)

Is the Coronavirus going to cause a pandemic in the USA?

• Yes

Votes: 197 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 127 28.0%
  • Too Early to guess

Votes: 130 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey look Mom, more Corona Nazis!

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/brea...jail-fines-curb-covid/3VOC8b70p6eNElVt5OKzAI/

An order posted to the Fulton County Board of Health website says “all residents of Fulton County are commanded to stay at their place of residence” with exceptions. The county holds 1 million people, including the city of Atlanta.

Those who violate the order could be charged with a misdemeanor and subject of fines up to $1,000 and/or 12 months in jail per offense.

The order was signed by Dr. S. Elizabeth Ford, interim director of the Fulton health, on Tuesday and is effective immediately.

The following essential purposes are still protected:

• Activities related to the health of you, a family member or a pet

• Activities to get services and supplies

• Outdoor activity, as long as people are six feet apart, which is out of the reach of droplets that could carry the virus

• Work for essential businesses

• Care for someone medically fragile

• Activity for essential government function

It just feels like they should use New York as ground zero for this. Go nuts, throw all the tests they have there, test every single person in that nuthouse. Work out what the real numbers are an make decisions from that. New York is peaking in the next week or two, perfect timing for them to be the guinea pigs that decisions are based on. Can't rely on Chinese numbers. Do you want to rely on Italian numbers? From there, make an actual informed decision.

The following essential purposes are still protected:

• Activities related to the health of you, a family member or a pet

• Activities to get services and supplies

• Outdoor activity, as long as people are six feet apart, which is out of the reach of droplets that could carry the virus

• Work for essential businesses

• Care for someone medically fragile

• Activity for essential government function

So basically another "look at me I can issue a useless stay at home order to" Seems pointless to me other than giving the illusion they are being productive to the whiners begging for a lockdown. I drive thru Fulton and Gwinnett daily and I have yet to be pulled over to see what I am doing or where I am going. Who knows could be my white privilege finally paying off but I doubt it :lol:

I got the word last night.

Two of my relatives are Doctors in NYC, one teaches at NY University Medical Center.
My cousin Pat age 69 has the bug and is staying at his apartment in the city to stay away from his family.
(He lives in New Jersey).
He said, if he makes it till Wednesday, he thinks he'll live, he's very sick.
They already told him, they want him back to work immediately if he lives, because he will have some immunity.
(Ain't that some ****!)

The other, Pat's niece, is staying in the city as well and not going home to her family for fear of them catching it from her.
She is not sick and working endless hours.

Hitting closer to home.

Prayers for your family man! I work in the medical staffing industry. New York and New Jersey are big territories of mine and I've been on the phone like crazy with my clients the last couple weeks. It's bad up there!

“I will be swearing in up to 150 ‘special policemen’ who will be authorized to issue citations for anyone found to be in violation of this order,” Brumbalow said. “These individuals will be in plain clothes and could be at any public location at any time."

GLWS!

This has been rescinded:

On Wednesday afternoon, Brumbalow said an emergency order to encourage social distancing that was announced on Tuesday and rescinded early Wednesday morning would still be going forward but without a provision that would allow for “special policemen” to be sworn-in by the city.
Brumbalow said that along with the city issues, he was also going through a loss in his family, which he said led to an “emotional snap judgment.”

This has been rescinded:

On Wednesday afternoon, Brumbalow said an emergency order to encourage social distancing that was announced on Tuesday and rescinded early Wednesday morning would still be going forward but without a provision that would allow for “special policemen” to be sworn-in by the city.
Brumbalow said that along with the city issues, he was also going through a loss in his family, which he said led to an “emotional snap judgment.”
Brumbalow looks a lot like Boogaloo.

So basically another "look at me I can issue a useless stay at home order to" Seems pointless to me other than giving the illusion they are being productive to the whiners begging for a lockdown. I drive thru Fulton and Gwinnett daily and I have yet to be pulled over to see what I am doing or where I am going. Who knows could be my white privilege finally paying off but I doubt it :lol:
This

illusion of doing something

Back
Top Bottom