• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Costco membership

That wouldn't be so bad. You're doing that for convenience, and I might do the same. I just hate when you get to the register and they make you do self checkout or you try to order food at a fastfood restaurant and they say you have to use the kiosk thingy and there's no benefit to you.
oh I agree. Whats also funny is they have to have one or two employess monitor the self checkouts because of the issues. So you basically have two checkout people tied up anyway.

Love Costco. They say they make money off the memberships. I guess some people don't buy in bulk, or buy small amounts more regularly. Our closest two are each an hour away, so when we go we stock up.

Veterans get the first year at a discount.

And although I loathe big banks, we have the CostCo CitiBank Visa for their "cash back" program. We get two checks a year, one from CostCo and one from CitiBank. And we're only buying stuff there that we'd buy at a regular grocery store. Beer is cheaper and if you have one close by that sell liquor it's all very good.

You can look up who makes most of the CostCo Kirkland Brand items.

The big neg for me is that they don't keep the same stuff. Not just seasonal, but food items as well. And clothes tend to sell out fast, so if you see their $4 T-shirts, buy ten of them.

Second neg is the self check out if you have a lot of stuff or bulky and heavy items. They don't let customers use the magic light gun so you have to unload each item, scan it, put it on the "bagging area" then pay and then load it all back into the cart.

I've read a lot of horror stories about their car buying program, so do research on any ancillary program.

Car and ATV batteries appear cheaper than anywhere else, and I've heard good things about their tire prices. Gas is usually cheaper as well.

Lastly, you can order from CostCo.com for a lot of stuff. The price is usually a little higher than in the store, but at a certain point you get free shipping. FedEx will gladly destroy your box of frozen items and stick it in the blazing sun in the middle of the driveway, but if they do, CostCo will refund the full amount.

PS to "Lastly": I agree that any sane and safe person would avoid weekends. Way too crowded and hectic, and often not enough check outs. I've driven by the Greenville, SC, store three times and never went into the lot.

This morning I tried to buy a membership but kept getting a error so since I needed to go to the bank in Athens I went by and joined. Didn’t shop but did a quick partial walk thru. Seems nicer than Sams. We will see if it saves us money. If any of you are familiar with Athens store do they sell liquor? And if so where is it?

This morning I tried to buy a membership but kept getting a error so since I needed to go to the bank in Athens I went by and joined. Didn’t shop but did a quick partial walk thru. Seems nicer than Sams. We will see if it saves us money. If any of you are familiar with Athens store do they sell liquor? And if so where is it?

In GA if they sell liquor, it will be a separate entrance outside usually near the exit doors.

Stupid GA liquor laws only allow for two stores under the same name. Johns creek and sandy springs are the two in GA
It's not a GA law but City or County law.

I buy everything at Total Wine in Roswell/Alpharetta due to lower prices than Costco. The Total Wine in Dunwoody is only wine and beer. It's a stupid law, but the City sells more permits.

We buy food and supplies at the Sandy Springs Costco. Their fish is flown in fresh. Our average ticket is $400. Our last annual cash back check was $1800. You can only cash it at the Costco store. We buy $400 of stuff and walk out with $1400 in change.

Your local criminals can't steal stuff at Costco as the packages are too big, and they have only one exit from the store. It's called store shrinkage and paid by you in higher prices at your local grocery and drug store.

It's still $1.50 for a hot dog and a drink at Costco.

Back
Top Bottom