• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cottonheadedwaterrattler w/ murderous intent

Sitting in living room when the phone rings. It's the girlfriend who was in the backyard. She says to come get this snake. I said it's just a rat snake, run it off. She says, but it has a pointed head and it is rattling its tail. So, I get up and go get it. About 4.5-5' long rat snake. Struck at the hoe once and then I was able to catch it, very docile once caught. Relocated to the woods. All snakes don't need to die.

View attachment 1212814

Good JOB!! My wife would have used the coach shotgun on it!!

I'll go into a beehive-full of snakes but screw a bunch of bees.

Come on man, where's your sense of adventure? I go in them all the time w/o any protective gear. You learn to read the hive. It they are too "hot", you leave them alone until another day. Unless you are stealing their honey, they tend to be pretty docile.

Come on man, where's your sense of adventure? I go in them all the time w/o any protective gear. You learn to read the hive. It they are too "hot", you leave them alone until another day. Unless you are stealing their honey, they tend to be pretty docile.
Going into burning houses, snakes, spiders, critters, none of them scare me. Bees, that's a different story. I don't do bees.

I had a swarm lite in my hedges. The bee man came and set a box up on top of a 8' stepladder for them to gather in while he was gone.
About 20 minutes after he had gone, a little gust of wind blew the box full of bees off the ladder. I was standing about 20' from them. Without really thinking, I knew I had to right the wrong. I put it all back together and had it back up on the ladder within a minute or two. There were bees swarming all around me the entire time.

By the time the bee man got back, all but about 400 bees were back in the box.

I had a swarm lite in my hedges. The bee man came and set a box up on top of a 8' stepladder for them to gather in while he was gone.
About 20 minutes after he had gone, a little gust of wind blew the box full of bees off the ladder. I was standing about 20' from them. Without really thinking, I knew I had to right the wrong. I put it all back together and had it back up on the ladder within a minute or two. There were bees swarming all around me the entire time.

By the time the bee man got back, all but about 400 bees were back in the box.

Honeybees do not sting during a swarm. They have nothing to protect. Unless you squish one, you are safe. I have held limbs w/ my forehead (to get better leverage on the lopers) and had bees all over me. This summer, I held the box while she dumped bees into it from the side of a house. Every time she dumped them, more ended up on my head than in the box. In fact, during the summer, as soon as I break a sweat, the bees land on my face, head, and neck to drink my sweat. They like salt. It is a bit unnerving, but haven't been stung yet.

Honeybees do not sting during a swarm. They have nothing to protect. Unless you squish one, you are safe. I have held limbs w/ my forehead (to get better leverage on the lopers) and had bees all over me. This summer, I held the box while she dumped bees into it from the side of a house. Every time she dumped them, more ended up on my head than in the box. In fact, during the summer, as soon as I break a sweat, the bees land on my face, head, and neck to drink my sweat. They like salt. It is a bit unnerving, but haven't been stung yet.

I made a video of them as the swarm was gathering in the hedge. It's got some pretty good volume also. I'll try and get it to download.

Honey bees are really fascinating creatures. I like my raw honey also.

I was quizzing the bee man while he was gathering the bees, so I had done been trained in beekeeping. lol
"Don't mash any of them if you can help it.":wacko:

I really don't like getting stung by any bee/wasp, but the honey bee sting is the least severe.

I really don't like getting stung by any bee/wasp, but the honey bee sting is the least severe.

The first sting that I got, I never felt it. She was on my bicep and I saw her sting me. The second one, a few minutes later, was on the ear. That one hurt like a bitch!! Hands, face, head, all hurt; otherwise they are not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom