• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Country Bumpkin headed to Grady Hospital; Expectations?

They run you through scanners when you get there, I was wearing my off-duty weapon. I showed them my ID and explained to them that I was not disarming and that I was protected by federal law. They called an Atlanta PD officer who confirmed that, they were so mad that they had to let me in that the said "you still need to take your pocketknife back to your car." At this point I decided to let them have there inch of control and took the pocket knife back to the vehicle.

I think I can read between the lines... Loot the ****ing Krispy Kreme!!!

View attachment 6824378

giphy.gif

Unless your friend is in a “last time you get a chance to see him” situation, I believe I might just send a card and maybe call them. If they are a good friend, they will understand your aversion to coming downtown.

Wife was in Emory downtown a couple of years ago and I just concealed there. Never encountered scanners.

UPDATE

I went and saw my friend at Grady hospital today. I took the advice and part were a fellow member had suggested at the Cornell building which was a very wise choice.

Everything that I have read up to this point is pretty much a fact;

Besides a cavity search they scan you with pretty much everything in the book. Multiple entrances had metal detectors and body scanners and one security guard actually had a handheld wand that he used.

You can forget taking a pocket knife in they made me take mine back to the vehicle. It was little more than a fingernail clipper anyhow.

If you take the stairs you will be approached by homeless people that do not take no or not being talked to lightly.

My suggestion is if you're going to go to Grady to see someone make absolutely sure you don't have anything in your pocket other than your keys and your wallet and I would keep those in my front pockets.

I would also suggest that you go in the very middle of the day in the bright sunlight.

I pulled out of their parking garage on the gilmer Street and immediately put my EDC back together on my body and felt a little better about the whole situation.

Back
Top Bottom