• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

couple Q's about glock barrels

ed1380

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
I found a threaded barrel for sale locally (not odt) but the owner doesn't know the manufacturer.

If the barrel is unmarked, is it safe to assume that noone makes clone/ebay barrels and that it's either a storm lake or lone wolf?

Also is it possible to just use a G26 barrel in a G27 instead of buying a conversion barrel?

Last edited:
You need a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm thru the g27, the conv barrel is thicker walled so it functions properly in the larger hole of the g27 slide

Storm lake KKM and lone wolf are the only glock conv barrels I know of, good luck!

I'm not familiar with one that isn't marked. I think there are a few moreanufacturers though. Barstow (spelling... Doesn't look right) comes to mind.

ETA... There maybe threaded glock barrels on Tactical Innovations website too. I'm on my phone or I would check.

Last edited:
I have 5 Glocks in 40 S&W. I have used Lone Wolf conversion barrels AND Glock OEM 9MM barrewls to shoot 9MM in them. The 19 barrel works just fine in the 23 AND the 26/27. In the 26/27, the G19 barrel sticks out about 1/2-3/4 inch but functions just fine. Some people will tell you that the slightly smaller diameter of the 9MM barrel makes it inaccurate since the lock-up is not as tight but in my experience the tension of the lockup pulls the barrel down to the 6 o"clok position nice and tight and I had to problems with accuracy. I didn't try it long rage though so the aim point may be a bit low at 50-100 yards. The breech face and extractor work just fine going from 40/.357 to 9MM also. I never had any reliability issues.

The 26 barrel works in the 27. You can NOT go from a 9MM to a 40 S&W or .357 Sig, but you can go from a 40 S&W to a .357 Sig or 9MM and you can go from a .357 Sig to 40 S&W or 9MM. The only thing needed to shoot the other calibers is the barrel andwhen going from 40/357 to 9MM, you need magazines.

Incidentally, the same deal works for the 21/20 going from 45 ACP to 10MM(although my 10MM mags wouldn't lock the slide back - the followers were a tad too narrow to push the slide stop up).

I have 5 Glocks in 40 S&W. I have used Lone Wolf conversion barrels AND Glock OEM 9MM barrewls to shoot 9MM in them. The 19 barrel works just fine in the 23 AND the 26/27. In the 26/27, the G19 barrel sticks out about 1/2-3/4 inch but functions just fine. Some people will tell you that the slightly smaller diameter of the 9MM barrel makes it inaccurate since the lock-up is not as tight but in my experience the tension of the lockup pulls the barrel down to the 6 o"clok position nice and tight and I had to problems with accuracy. I didn't try it long rage though so the aim point may be a bit low at 50-100 yards. The breech face and extractor work just fine going from 40/.357 to 9MM also. I never had any reliability issues.

The 26 barrel works in the 27. You can NOT go from a 9MM to a 40 S&W or .357 Sig, but you can go from a 40 S&W to a .357 Sig or 9MM and you can go from a .357 Sig to 40 S&W or 9MM. The only thing needed to shoot the other calibers is the barrel andwhen going from 40/357 to 9MM, you need magazines.

Incidentally, the same deal works for the 21/20 going from 45 ACP to 10MM(although my 10MM mags wouldn't lock the slide back - the followers were a tad too narrow to push the slide stop up).

At what range did you shoot the 27 with the 26 barrel? I did the same and the barrel was pointing down a good bit.

I started this thread because I want to convert the lady's 27 to 9mm and get a threaded barrel for the 26 and do it without buying 2 barrels.

Back
Top Bottom