• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Couples and Families to Plan and Prep together

I tried group 3, however they didn't like my smoke, or my drink....moved into my own group...which is probably best....
20240118_111759.png

Hello again, fellow Group 3 preppers! Over a decade has passed since I initially shared our prepping journey, and the enthusiasm within our community is flourishing. Our commitment to preparedness has only grown stronger, and we're thrilled to connect with kindred spirits who align with our values.

Group 1: Not Our Tribe 🚫 We actively distance ourselves from the "Go Kill - Hurah" mentality. While guns and ammo undoubtedly have their place in our preparations, our emphasis lies on intelligence, care, and thoughtful preparedness.

Group 2: Kum-ba-ya, Not Quite 🚫 Positivity is admirable, but relying solely on the goodness of others or government intervention doesn't align with our philosophy. We champion self-reliance and taking tangible steps to safeguard our well-being.

Group 3: Our Kindred Spirits ✨ Here's a virtual toast to couples and families who share our values! Over a decade, we've embraced practical steps, from storing food and medical supplies to cultivating survival skills. Recently, we've expanded our horizons by incorporating Amateur Radio and contemplating establishing a presence in another country.

Group 4: Embracing the Rough Edges 🌪️🥃🚬 For those inclined towards a rougher path, acknowledging a penchant for smoking and a hearty swig of your favorite spirit! While we respect diverse perspectives, this isn't the primary focus for our community.

💪 Who We Are:

• Generally in good health ✨
  • Non-smokers 🚭 (Group 3)
  • No illicit drugs or excessive drinking 🍸🥃 (Group 3)
  • Embracing the rougher side with a penchant for smoking and a hearty swig (Group 4)!
If you're a Group 3 enthusiast like us, or part of the rugged Group 4, let's chat! Because, let's face it, none of us can stay awake 24/7/365! Share your experiences, swap tips, or drop by for a conversation. Here's to a resilient community bound by shared values. 🌍🤝

O.K...I'll bite...so my issue in my prepping is WATER!! too darn heavy...too much bulk.., I've not come up with a good idea of how to deal with it...View attachment 6754399
What about keeping enough to get thru a short period and then set up something like a rainwater collection system and plan/means to purify/filter for long term use.

O.K...I'll bite...so my issue in my prepping is WATER!! too darn heavy...too much bulk.., I've not come up with a good idea of how to deal with it...View attachment 6754399

Very nice. I would suggest raising your bottom shelves to a minimum of 6 inches off the floor for any food item and water is food.

The rain water collection is a good idea. I'd also look into a shallow well and hand pump if possible.

Also noticed a few Mason jars.

We can some, and my Grandmother canned alot.... one lesson I learned is an empty jar takes up as much as a full jar, so water in jars not being used to always keep them full.

Also remember FIFO.... AKA First In, First Out.

Back
Top Bottom